Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 11, 2018 at 2:23 AM       41      

Are you interested in reading PS3 News (CFW, Spoofer, etc) updates?

• Yes, continue to post them as they're available!

Votes: 172 71.4%
  • Nah, PS3 is from 2006 so let it rest in peace already!

Votes: 69 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been just under a year since the last update went live, and today Sony pushed a PS3 System Software 4.83 update which likely 'improves the quality of the system performance' similar to their last OFW revision meaning DO NOT UPDATE if you want to use PS3 Custom Firmware (CFW), downgrading, homebrew, Webkit exploits, etc. :nolove:

Download: PS3 Firmware 4.83 (EU) Update / PS3 Firmware 4.83 (US) Update / PS3 Firmware 4.83 (AU/NZ) Update / PS3 Firmware 4.83 (JP) Update

:poll: In order to gauge interest on the PlayStation 3, all members are invited to VOTE in today's POLL which asks: Are you interested in reading PS3 News (CFW, Spoofer, etc) updates?

There is no official changelog nor confirmation at the moment on whether this latest PS3 update may be the result of Sony's recent PSN ID Change program, or if it patches any PlayStation 3 hacks such as the PS3Xploit Tools which allow users to exploit their console to utilize PS3 homebrew including MultiMAN 4.82 and Rebug 4.82.2 REX/D-REX.

Also if anyone tests out online PlayStation 3 version spoofers for PSN access and to help avoid bans let us know if they're working, or try the How To Go Online PSN After 4.82 Update OFW Tutorial although historically PSN works for a brief period (a week or so) after each PS3 Firmware update goes live.

As always, we'll revise this article when Sony updates their page with the official PS3 System Software Update 4.83 changelog alongside confirmation from PS3 scene developers on what's patched or not patched in this latest PlayStation 3 4.83 Firmware version.
:arrow: Update: As expected, Sony's official PS3 4.83 changelog states the following:

Main features in system software update version 4.83:
  • This system software update improves the quality of the system performance.
REBUG 4.83 MOD
PS3 System Software 4.83 Update Live, Don't Update Your Firmware!.jpg

Comments

I have one console 2508B model with cfw cobra installed 4.82 and fifa 2019 working great and CFW2OFW on super slim with 4.83 are working 100% i transfer fifa2019 and working awesome .....thanks everyone have a gud day ...I hope this info is useful......

i am not done trying ftp ....but developers or anybody trying that let you know .....but CFW2OFW working 100% on my side. But ps3 with cfw on 4.81 ask for update when transfer data to 4.83 ofw console ....and vice versa too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back