Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 13, 2019 at 11:14 PM       11      
Status
Not open for further replies.
While it's NEVER a wise idea to update PlayStation Firmware in order to make use of such things as PS3 Custom Firmware (CFW), downgrading, homebrew, Webkit exploits, etc today Sony pushed a PS3 System Software 4.84 Firmware Update live and developer @esc0rtd3w reported on Twitter that despite emulators being updated it appears there are no 4.84 Webkit patches and the PS3 StoreHaxx still works on 4.84 OFW for those who still own a PlayStation 3 console. :)

This follows Sony's previous PS3 Firmware 4.83 update from last October for those keeping track of PS3 OFW revisions in the PlayStation 3 scene.

Download: PS3 Firmware 4.84 (EU) Update / PS3 Firmware 4.84 (US) Update / PS3 Firmware 4.84 (AU/NZ) Update / PS3 Firmware 4.84 (JP) Update

Like usual, there currently is no official changelog at the moment and if anyone tests out PS3 version spoofers for PSN online access and to help avoid bans let us know if they're working or give THIS tutorial a try... although historically PSN works for a brief period (a week or so) after each PS3 Firmware update goes live.

As always, we'll revise this article when Sony updates their page with the official PS3 System Software Update 4.84 changelog alongside additional confirmation from PS3 scene developers on this latest PlayStation 3 4.84 Firmware version update.
Download: FirmwareExtractor_v1.3_src.7z (2.64 MB)
PS3 System Software 4.84 Update Live, StoreHaxx Working on OFW.jpg

Comments

I've been keeping up with the ps3 for a couple of days now and I have to say that I'm not surprised that Sony did this. The ps3 is far from dead, look at the homebrew scene for ps4, its getting there but it isnt what it was for the xbox or ps3.

In time it will get there but for now dont kill it off yet. Think of all the games that are out for it and no one can tell me that they have beaten all of them. Plus the ps3 is still getting amazing stuff out for it still.

I can tell you one thing for sure, if anyone is into hacking or playing around with some of the things you can do with it the ps3 has a good GPU in it for running a password finding app on it and I havent tested yet but maybe the brute force app. Dont kill it off yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back