Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jun 28, 2016 at 1:18 AM       13      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the previous release, today PlayStation 3 developer Endless officially updated to PS3MFW Builder v1.0 Build 0.3.1.5 and PS3MFW Builder Updater v1.5 which includes the PS3 Firmware 4.80 keys for making your own PS3 Modified Firmware. :D

Download: PS3MFW Builder v1.0 Build 0.3.1.5 / PS3MFW Builder Updater v1.5 / PS3 MFW (All Releases) Archive / PS3MFW Builder Site / GIT

Coded from scratch by Endless. Better, faster. Integrated updater (if version is older)/downloader (if ran alone)

Thanks for downloading :)

Replace the old updater by the RazorX by this one ;)

Thanks to @Endless for the update and changelog, and @XxZer0ModZxX for testing it out! :tup:

:arrow: Update: PS3 developer haxxxen also updated his PS3MFW Builder v0.2.1 Mod with the changes below.

Download: ps3mfw-builder-0.2.1-mod.zip / ps3mfw-builder-0.2.1-mod-master.zip / GIT

Changes:
  • using old routines to repack tar archive, packages and CORE_OS
  • using toolboy's new routines/tools to extract PUP, packages and flash files
  • using toolboy's patchtool to patch files
  • option to use either self_rebuilder/iso_rebuilder or scetool to resign selfs
  • option to extract/modify/repack lv0 on 3.6+ MFW (no automated process)
  • different way of detecting spkg support for 3.56+ MFW (3.55 dex downgrader/REBUG 3.55.4 work as well now)
  • toolboy's OtherOS++ tasks fixed (glevand's tasks used as source)
  • glevand's 3.55 (OtherOS) tasks fixed to work with patchtool
  • personalized tasks
  • pkgtool "hexified" to work on WindowsXP (SP3)
  • modified version of COBRA's hashcalc app added, to make it work with MFW-Builder
  • COBRA CFWs can be patched now and hashes can be directly replaced in stage2 file(s)
  • tarball creation routine with permissions and user/group name fixed. You can create tars, just like originals. Already modified firmwares can be fixed, by selecting "replace devflash file manual" and then add from every devflash pkg a single file to task. Examples from REBUG 4.21 and 4.81 OFW are included in replace_deflash folder. Additionally you have to choose replace_devflash3 task (don't forget the global option to extract!!!), to fix devflash3 tar as well. To fix devflash000 tar, just choose add folder and leave the box empty
Small explanation of tasks:
Spoiler
NOTE FOR COBRA CFWs: When patching a COBRA CFW, keep in mind to update COBRA hashes on protected modules.

Credits go to all the original authors of MFW-BUILDER and its tools. Also credits to mysis, who has made most of the patches!

PS3MFW Builder 0.3.1.5.png

Comments

Thanks bro! Was about to make the topic :)

Here's the changelogs:

/-----------------------------------\
|Build:0.3.1.5 Fixes |
\-----------------------------------/

+ Xtra bug fixes for the udpater :)

Fixed a bug in the new method of unpacking/repacking lv0

for when the lv0 task is selected or not. :)

/--------------------------------------\
|Build:0.3.1.0 Tasks, Fix & clean-up|
\--------------------------------------/

Added new updater!

Fixed some tasks that were not executing properly when needed.

Removed some tasks that were useless and rendered some pup's not installable (ofw)

Added support for latest fw's :)

Maybe it's a stupid question, but: Am I right about firmware made by MFW buider has same installation rules just like 4.xx CFW's? I'd like to test it with my second console.) 3.70 OFW

I'm MakerRedDoT, long time no see, How has life been?
Pretty boring actually..
Finished high school, had plans for a bright future. All ruined.
Now back in the scene making some updates x)
Maybe it's a stupid question, but: Am I right about firmware made by MFW buider has same installation rules just like 4.xx CFW's? I'd like to test it with my second console.) 3.70 OFW
For that, you could modify files that are not sprx/vsh/self/spp related.

Because of the signing keys are not 4.xx but 3.55... So the only thing you could really install is a kiosk and reverter and a modded message when installing from xmb x)

Pretty boring actually..
Finished high school, had plans for a bright future. All ruined.
Now back in the scene making some updates x)
I'm working on finishing highschool, then i'm going to college get my psychics and programming degree, What was your bright future made of or what you want to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back