Category PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 20, 2016 at 2:52 PM       13,220       9            
Last month a PS4 Webkit Exploit 2.XX PoC surfaced, and today PlayStation 4 developer qwertyoruiop tweeted news of a PS4 3.50 Webkit Exploit via a heap use-after-free at WebCore::TimerBase::heapPopMin() bug with a proof-of-concept incoming. :)

To quote from PS4BOT on this development: Hey,

I felt i needed to share with you guys as this is going to public.... Which i wasn't really hoping for but ah well. As you can see below Qwerty is about to post heap use-after-free at WebCore::TimerBase::heapPopMin() public. I do currently have the POC but i am not sharing. I guess 3.50 is now going to be the golden firmware hey?

Thanks to @toni1988 in the PSXHAX.COM Shoutbox for the news tip! :cool:

Finally, below is also an Atari Java emulator demo video from an Internet site running on PS4 3.50 from Ryan Henderson for those interested!

PS4 3.50 Webkit Exploit.jpg

Comments

mcmrc1

Contributor
Verified
whoooooohaaaaaaaa thx for sharing :)

THX to all devs out there who are sharing nice things to us and not just talking bla bla all the day :)

B7U3 C50SS

~ Team_Zer0 ~
Contributor
this is very nice!! i couldn't be happier ATM!! :D really made my day. OKAY, GUYS!! MAKE SURE YOU GUYS GO INTO THE SYSTEM Settings and go to AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS AND DISABLE THE AUTO-DOWNLOADING OF SYSTEM UPDATE FILES!!

Fimo

Contributor
On this github I saw 3 files and gave a try on my 2.55 PS4
crash-during-iframe-load-stop.html
resources/crash-during-iframe-load-stop.html
resources/crash-during-iframe-load-stop-inner.html

I had the message "this test passes" meaning that this is not a vulnerability for the (2.55) PS4, no exploitation possible. Maybe vuln. for Iphone but not for the PS4.

We all have to take it easy :)

Recent Articles
Some of the PlayStation 4 E3 2019 PS4 Trailer Videos!
We've seen a Watch Dogs: Legion PS4, Marvel Avengers: A-Day PS4 and some Final Fantasy VIII Remastered & Final Fantasy VII Remake PS4 videos from E3 2019, and below are several more PlayStation 4...
Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled Races to PS4 Next Week
CTR racers on your mark, get set, go... as Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled speeds onto PlayStation 4 next week. 🏎 🏁 Get ready to go fur-throttle in the fully-remastered and revved up to the max...
TurboGrafx-16 Mini, PC Engine Mini & PC Engine CoreGrafx Mini by Konami
A few months back we covered the Sega Genesis Mini reveal, and during E3 2019 Konami announced a TurboGrafx-16 Mini, PC Engine Mini and PC Engine CoreGrafx Mini on their official site for...
PS4 Firmware / System Software 6.80 Preview Program PUP and Features
As reported earlier this month, since their recent 6.71 PS4 OFW Update those enrolled in Sony's PlayStation Preview Program can now download and install the PS4 Firmware / System Software 6.80...