Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 20, 2016 at 2:52 PM       9      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last month a PS4 Webkit Exploit 2.XX PoC surfaced, and today PlayStation 4 developer qwertyoruiop tweeted news of a PS4 3.50 Webkit Exploit via a heap use-after-free at WebCore::TimerBase::heapPopMin() bug with a proof-of-concept incoming. :)

To quote from PS4BOT on this development: Hey,

I felt i needed to share with you guys as this is going to public.... Which i wasn't really hoping for but ah well. As you can see below Qwerty is about to post heap use-after-free at WebCore::TimerBase::heapPopMin() public. I do currently have the POC but i am not sharing. I guess 3.50 is now going to be the golden firmware hey?

Thanks to @toni1988 in the PSXHAX.COM Shoutbox for the news tip! :cool:

Finally, below is also an Atari Java emulator demo video from an Internet site running on PS4 3.50 from Ryan Henderson for those interested!

PS4 3.50 Webkit Exploit.jpg

Comments

whoooooohaaaaaaaa thx for sharing :)

THX to all devs out there who are sharing nice things to us and not just talking bla bla all the day :)

this is very nice!! i couldn't be happier ATM!! :D really made my day. OKAY, GUYS!! MAKE SURE YOU GUYS GO INTO THE SYSTEM Settings and go to AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS AND DISABLE THE AUTO-DOWNLOADING OF SYSTEM UPDATE FILES!!

On this github I saw 3 files and gave a try on my 2.55 PS4
crash-during-iframe-load-stop.html
resources/crash-during-iframe-load-stop.html
resources/crash-during-iframe-load-stop-inner.html

I had the message "this test passes" meaning that this is not a vulnerability for the (2.55) PS4, no exploitation possible. Maybe vuln. for Iphone but not for the PS4.

We all have to take it easy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back