Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 24, 2016 at 3:37 AM       103      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today at the GeekPwn 2016 Carnival in Shanghai Station the Pavilion Safety Research Lab shared a PS4 4.01 Linux installation / Ksploit demonstration exploit video via Chinese site Changting Technology Security Lab! :D

In the video they navigate their PS4 Web browser to http://chaitin.cn/ps4 which currently just shows their video instead of their 'Sony PlayStation4 Jailbreak' so hopefully more details on this PS4 jailbreak method will follow soon! :ninja:

Check it out below with some related Tweets from Joonie86, who also notes they played Mario using an NES emulator as follows:

Thanks to @mcmrc1 for sharing the news in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! :cool:
PS4 4.01 Linux Installation  Ksploit Demo at GeekPwn 2016.png

GeoHotz PS4 Jailbreak.jpg

Sony PlayStation4 Jailbreak.jpg

Comments

so why does there website take you somewhere different than the page they used in the ksploit? are they preparing for the release? Also! is this TRSi?

Nice!! I wonder if they will actually release it or if that isn't their intent and they were just showing off their research, etc.

Also I don't believe they have anything to do with TRSi but I guess anything is possible... I definitely didn't expect to see this today that's for sure :p

It all depends on their motive, whether it's just educational or if they want to profit off the scene... I'm sure if dongles are coming we'll see news from peddlers like GaryOPA soon enough.

Here's to hoping the PS4 scene isn't re-DRM'd like they did to the PS3 and several other scenes over the years :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back