Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter SanadskYoutube       6      
Status
Not open for further replies.

SanadskYoutube

Developer
Contributor
Verified
Hello everyone.
So I got my hands on a 4.05 PS4 and I want to Jailbreak it but I have a couple of questions about it
  1. How do I make sure that my PS4 doesn't update itself or anything? I spent alot of time to find it and I don't want to mess it up.
  2. Let's say I want to copy some of Bloodborne's DLC files, how do I install the DLC files onto the PS4 without connecting it to the internet?
  3. Does the FTP access allow me to download the files from my PS4 onto my PC?

The blocking of updates (among other things) is covered in the mini FAQ, but to access Sony's PSN servers for DLC and game updates you'd need to be on the current OFW they require in force_update at the moment.

As you mentioned while the FTP will let you transfer files, it won't enable you to do things such as update games manually to bypass the above restrictions... hopefully over time someone will figure out work-arounds for such things though. :)

Hello everyone.
So I got my hands on a 4.05 PS4 and I want to Jailbreak it but I have a couple of questions about it
  1. How do I make sure that my PS4 doesn't update itself or anything? I spent alot of time to find it and I don't want to mess it up.
  2. Let's say I want to copy some of Bloodborne's DLC files, how do I install the DLC files onto the PS4 without connecting it to the internet?
  3. Does the FTP access allow me to download the files from my PS4 onto my PC?
Without any offense but I think you can do a search and find a lot threads with the answers to your questions. It takes only a little time without a great effort !!!

As you mentioned while the FTP will let you transfer files, it won't enable you to do things such as update games manually to bypass the above restrictions... :)
Havent there been some videos showing that it is possible to install update pkgs with the debug menu? And does such an install enforce a newer fw or prevent the game from running after the install?

I vaguely recall some Russian demo videos that may or may not have been using DevKits / TestKits or jailbroken 1.76 PS4's, definitely not on retail 4.05 consoles as they surfaced months before the recent kernel exploit was released.

Most PS4 scene devs are just getting their feet wet with 4.05 stuff so a lot of the things you're anxious to try on it will probably follow after flat_z's upcoming release is my best guess. ;)

Without any offense but I think you can do a search and find a lot threads with the answers to your questions. It takes only a little time without a great effort !!!
I actually searched but couldn't find anything about installing DLCs specifically, hence why I asked here.

I also wanted to double-check because I saw alot of people mess it up by accidentally updating their PS4s so I didn't want to do the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back