Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday we saw the release of PS4 AIO v1.4.0 for PS4 4.05 Firmware, and today following @irefuse's OpenWRT fork of @Al Azif's PS4 Exploit Host comes a video guide on how to install GTA 5 Mods on PS4 4.05 by @Reazer on his YouTube Channel for PlayStation 4 game modders to check out below. :)

Download: ps4-exploit-host-openwrt-master.zip / GIT

To quote from the README.md: PS4 Exploit Host for OpenWRT

OpenWRT fork of https://github.com/Al-Azif/ps4-exploit-host

Requirements
How to install

opkg update
opkg install wget openssl-util
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/iref-use/ps4-exploit-host-openwrt/master/install.sh
sh install.sh
  • Script install python3, git, openssh-sftp-server.
  • Make changes in dnsmasq config and hosts file.
  • Create service of ps4-exploit-host server.
What is this?

This is an easy way for anyone to host their own exploit for the PS4 on your OpenWRT router. features include:
  • Hosts your choice of exploit (Specter, IDC, and XVortex included)
  • Sends your choice of payload after a successful exploit
  • Blocks PSN domains from resolving (Stops accidental updates)
  • Serves the 4.05 update to your PS4
If you do not want to host the package youself set your DNS to 108.61.128.158. This has all of the features listed above except the payload sender. The exploit can be accessed from the User's Manual page in your settings.

How to run as payload mode

Stop service and start payload mode
Code:
/etc/init.d/ps4-exploit-host stop
/etc/init.d/ps4-exploit-host payload
After payload has been loaded break the script (Ctrl+C) and start the service by this command
Code:
/etc/init.d/ps4-exploit-host start
How to use the updater
  1. Follow the "How to run" section for your OS until it says to come here
  2. Put the system update in the updates folder as PS4UPDATE_SYSTEM.PUP
    • Optionally put the recovery update in the updates folder as PS4UPDATE_RECOVERY.PUP

SYS SHA-256: D0C46E3CAADE956CABCBD20313A8EAB48DDBF3BC3129F3144926BECCFE3D36C4

REC SHA-256: B74CE16802CD7EC05158C1035E09A3131BC1D489DA2B4EF93B2C6029D9CA2BFA
  3. MAKE SURE THE DNS IS SET CORRECTLY!

4. SEE #3 I'M SO SERIOUS!

5. There should be a different page on the System Software Update > View Details option on the PS4. It'll be obvious!
    • The PS4 isn't using the right DNS if you get the standard Sony changelog page. STOP IMMEDIATELY AND RESTART THE ENTIRE PROCESS
  6. Run a system update on your PS4 system.

7. Return to the "How to run" section
Troubleshooting

Script Related

Before seeking help run though the following list:
  • Use the most recent release. Feel free to believe that the Python 2 release works better... I won't support it anymore.
    • "The Python 3 release cause a kernel panic, but the Python 2 release works." The exploit sent is the same, you just got unlucky, try again...
  • Follow the directions exactly, don't try to get fancy then come for help
  • If the server starts (It gives you an IP and hasn't errored out) and you can't connect from your PS4 with 99.99% certainty your firewall/anit-exploit is blocking it. This accounts for nearly all of the issues users have. I'm getting real tired of me saying it's the firewall and after an hour remote troubleshooting (Which is not fun) it ends up being the firewall like I said in the first place
  • In your command prompt run python --version or python3 --version to make sure you have Python 3 installed correctly
  • Disable other networking apps that may interfere with the script (Skype, Discord, Torrent Clients, XAMPP, Firewalls, etc)
  • It is normal to get some errors (PSN & NAT) while running the network test. This proves the PSN domains are blocked correctly.
Exploit/Payload Related

These are NOT related to this script in any way, but rather the exploits/payloads themselves:
  • Make sure your PS4's firmware is on 4.05 exactly. There is no downgrading. If you are above 4.05 you're out of luck for now.
  • Sending multiple payloads doesn't always work (Exploit may not be set up for it).
  • The PS4 can get a kernel panic and just shutoff. Physically unplug the power for a second, then power it back on.
  • "Out of Memory" errors while loading the exploit page are normal, restart your PS4 if you get a lot of them in a row.
  • The integrated FTP Payload takes a minute to start the FTP server. Be patient and try again in a few seconds.
  • Other FTP payloads must be compiled or hex edited with your PS4's/Computer's IP.
  • FTP payloads do not have full access under Specter's exploit.
  • You must leave the exploit page open for FTP to work.
  • IDC's exploit page doesn't completely load even when it works.
Credits
  • Al-Azif, Specter, IDC, qwertyoruiopz, Flatz, CTurt, Mistawes, XVortex, Anonymous, crypt0s, etc
PS4 4.05 GTA 5 Mod Tutorial
PS4 4.05 GTA 5 Mod Tutorial by Reazer, PSExploit Host for OpenWRT.jpg

Comments

Isn’t this the same as @0x199's Fly mod which he released a payload for on his twitter? You can just load his .bin via exploit host and it will do exactly the same or am I missing something?

Edit: sorry yes, that is exactly what he is doing, excuse me.

By the way, with this mod you can see the alien easter egg under the ice in North Yankton for yourself without starting a new game! Pretty awesome

I suppose that in my small AUKEY PB-W1 (Clone di Hame MPR-A2) this will not work.. it has only 4.09MB free space
I bought it for 7,99 € on amazon :)

Thanks for you guide

Yep thats why I made the Tutorial! :)
Btw im about to make an Tutorial for BO3 mods, too!
And thanks for the shoutout!

I already did a configuration like this on my OpenWRT even before Specter's exploit comes out. Looking at this tool by @irefuse I noted he changed LuCI to port 8080, I think there's no need for that.

Instead of changing ports you could just use User's Guide. Edit the file "/etc/dnsmasq.conf" and add the line "address=/manuals.playstation.net/[router ip]" then go to "/www", by issuing the command "cd /www", run the command "mkdir -p document/en/ps4" then copy exploit files over to "ps4" folder.

The "en" in command "mkdir -p document/en/ps4" should match your language, to know yours just go to User's Guide (or whatever name is in your language) and copy the letters from there.

After this, when accessing User's Guide your PS4 will be redirected to the exploit on your router, not to the original User's Guide. Of course DNS must be provided by your router. After that if you want you can completely block PS4 Internet access on firewall using some rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back