Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Dec 24, 2017 at 10:13 PM       50      
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Twas the night before Christmas... as the story goes! :santa::tree: Last we heard from PlayStation 4 developer SpecterDev on his PS4 4.05 Kernel Exploit Progress he ran into some issues, but recently he Tweeted the following update to quote:

"WebKit exit seems to be stabilized in the exploit chain, however launching games will freeze on boot. But at least payloads can be ran with system stability now with games aside (-:"

Since then, when asked for an official comment on his PS4 v4.05 work @SpecterDev followed-up on Reddit's Discord channel earlier today stating "Oh ye should be done today or tomorrow I'm just working on a game I've decided to start making (-:"

Also below are some related Tweets from @HydrogenNGU for those following the ongoing PS4 4.05 jailbreak news this Christmas Eve:

:idea: If you just got a PlayStation 4 or PS4 Pro console for Christmas, check out this Brief FAQ for answers to some commonly asked questions to bring you up to speed on PS4 jailbreaking and related topics.

Here's to hoping the PS4 scene soon graduates from the PlayStation 4 v1.76 era into a new v4.05 norm complete with exploit ports so more people can enjoy all of the recent 1.76 PS4 game releases and homebrew developments! :D
PS4 4.05 Jailbreak Updates from SpecterDev on Christmas Eve.jpg

Comments

thats wack, i see brazils point about manufacturing there, but when companies start puling out its time to take a second look. seems they wanted to fail from the beginning.

man that sucks, i feel for ya.

There is no sense when we pay big taxes when its a national product. When the ps4 was release here, he costs R$ 4.000,00. Is costs less if you buy on eBay or Amazon AND PAY THE IMPORTATION TAXES.

The best way to game here is geting a good pc and playing on backups or wait 1 year for a good steam sale.

Feelsbad

So from the screenshot it sounds like slowly progress is being made, as Specter said:

"Appears games are launching, at least, bo3 does and gta 5 does now

Sometimes they will crash / freeze but"

The only thing I'm curious of is whether Specter intends on PS4 game backups working or not before sharing it with the rest of the scene. :unsure:

Most developers are against p!racy and usually leave things like game backups to someone else (such as an anonymous dev) to sort out once the initial legal code is public... guess we'll see what happens. :ninja:

agreed.... i don't think its aimed on backups. at the same time he has mentioned about games launching. i am confused as well... lets see, we will know only when everyone gets their chance to play with the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back