Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter barelynotlegal       16      
Status
Not open for further replies.

barelynotlegal

Contributor
Verified
just got a 4.05 console and all has been good, i noticed some dust bunnies and had a xtra ez chill so i tore console down, well i took cover off and bottom off, then removed power supply and shield from the BD dive.

it was really dusty, after i put back together i noticed the eject button wasnt working or taking disk, so i played with cables a bit and got the eject button to beep and now it takes the disc, doesnt read it (but spins) and wont eject though it beeps, it will eject manually with the side screw.

any ideas? not my first console teardown and was very careful.
any recommendations would be appreciated.
thanX in advance

that's the mechanical problem, but it can be useful can be played using pkg games, just like mine when it came with 4.00 then updated to 4.05 with no problem and now can play so many pkg games.

If it is the old fat model you could pull the top off to see what the problem is. You will find a plastic piece wich touches a really small metal lip on the front wich is stuck on the larger case part on top (the top is 2 pieces...) I seen this problem with my friends console and i could easily fix it just by bending it a little so it did make contact again...

Watch closely where it connects. I think you do have to break the warranty sticker to take the top of fully but me personally i take my consoles apart hours after they are bought for all my life... Never claimed any warranty ever since i can fix most things better and quicker myself :p

Thank you guys not sure what I did. But after removing top of be drive and removing pcb board helped. I think a cable wasnt connected all the way. It's working again but kind of makes a clicking noise. Need more lube? It's a 1100 model. Shiny black top

The 11xx series only have 2 cables which dont get damaged easily, so thats not the issue if the drive is working at the moment. The newer 12xx serie has flat cables that you can easy damage when mounting the PSU back inside. You dont have to glue anything but i think you have to take a close look inside the drive (at the opposite site of the pcb) The 2 rollers got easily misaligned and causes many failures. So a mechanic issue.

And yes BD drive is married to the mainboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back