Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter smoere       29      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a quick question, I have notice that my P$4 Freezes if the hen is run twice. when i try to shutdown my console it would stay on the blue screen for hours but it does not shutdown. Any help?
That has happened to me at least twice, unfortunately. I'll wait for 5 minutes, and if the console doesn't shut down I just pull the plug. This won't hurt your system at all.

Now, once you go back into your PS4, see if your games are still there (they should be) and backup your database (app.db) using either DbBackup.bin or using FTP. If using FTP, you want to save system_data\priv-mms\app.db.

I'll try these, as this problem also happened to me, are you saying that if i install one of the packages that's gone, all the others that i installed beforehand will comeback? or is it a means to delete the missing pkg to reclaim the hdd space. thanks

I have a PSVita and when I wanted to delete a game that didn't "install" properly, I would go into VitaShell and look for it inside ux0:/app and ux0:/appmeta. To delete it, I would simply remove it from those two folders (plus, also remove the patches and savegames if any, but in your case you don't have to worry about these).

Now, I looked inside my PS4 using the FTP payload and I found my games. They are in user/app and user/appmeta. Since you cannot use yours (IE, they are no longer in your current app.db), I guess you'll have to delete them to liberate the lost space. I have not tried doing this, since I don't have to but I would think that this is what has to be done.

Good luck

isn't the game hidden within the library icon?

I installed a few games on my ps4 pro and since I had too many of them a few of them didn't appear anymore on the main menu but in the library.
I have the same problem that they disappear but they are still in library.
Is there a way to set them on the desktop?

The only way (so far) would be to restore the app.db that contained those games, using ftp.

So save your app.db after you've installed a few good games. If ever your PS4 crashes, and it rebuilds your database (app.db), you will lose them. To get them back on the desktop, you would have to go in using ftp and copy back your saved copy of app.db.

I found this while perusing the DbBackup thread:

https://www.psxhax.com/threads/dbba...o-usb-drive-by-stooged.4146/page-4#post-54749

This guy eloquently states why the database (IE, app.db) may get corrupted.
Once it does get corrupted, we're all SOL unless we have a backup.

Yep. That happened to me twice. And I have no idea what's going on. But I still able to see the installed pkg under storage management. I delete the game and reinstall. And it appeared again. Weird bug. :)

Hey thanks for this. I didn't know you can run into this problem. I'll be backing up my DB every time I install a new pkg. Hopefully in the future this can be avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back