Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 10, 2018 at 12:04 AM       35      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier this week we saw a PS4 homebrew game port of Roll A Ball / Roll The Ball PKG, and today PlayStation 4 developer @LightningMods returns with a PS4 4.55 Homebrew W.I.P. (work in progress) package via Twitter for other developers to examine and eventually use as a template to build upon when he releases the requested source code. ;)

Download: HW1633-NPXX51898_00-0000000000000000-A0100-V0100.rar (408 MB)

Some screenshots are below, and to quote from his Tweet embedded below: Hello im releasing "4.55 Homebrew W.I.P" Not fully done its a W.I.P but here it is.

Spoiler

:stop: Also below is a PS4 System RW payload for 4.55 ONLY in the form of FTP+RW.bin, however, it comes with a WARNING to use CAUTION if you decide to give the unsandboxed FTP access and re-mount ALL system partitions as RW payload a try.

:alert: It can permanently brick your PS4 so don't use it if you don't know what you're doing and aren't willing to take the risk! :alert:

Download: PS4-System-RW-master.zip / GIT

And from the README.md file for those interested: PS4-System-RW

This Payload gives you Unsandboxed FTP Access and re-mount ALL System Partitions as RW (USE CAUTION) on FW 4.55 ONLY!

Release Features

1. FTP Access (root)
2. Read and Write to the following partitions
  • /system_ex
  • /system_tmp
  • /preinst
  • /preinst2
  • /dev (sometimes works)
  • Some others i might have forgot
3. Optimized for use with a HEN (No Freezing!)

Credits
  • SiSTRo
  • Me
  • XVortex
Spoiler

Cheers to 0XD4RK for the heads-up on the news! :beer:
PS4 4.55 Homebrew W.I.P. Package (PKG) by LightningMods.jpg

PS4 4.55 Homebrew W.I.P. Package (PKG) by LightningMods 2.jpg

PS4 System RW Unsandboxed FTP Access and Re-mount ALL System Partitions as RW.jpg

Comments

I have success using the FTP. I see no comment on music, but even music it's nice. Good work on this.. hope to the future progress :)

I appreciate quick response
Impression that I introduced is also later

HBL is wonderful. It's a pity that only HEN and FTP links will work though I just need to enter HEN.
I hope I can reference and customize internal files for EMU (SEGA or SNES) or esp 8266 FTP server.
I do not yet know the real function of using 408M, but esp8266 has 4M or less and some FTP server can do.
I want to try real functions quickly.

Is there new or a completed version?

According to Twitter photo menu is eight.

DabtRTFXkAMGjah.jpg

I would like to try a lot of menus available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back