Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 10, 2018 at 12:04 AM       35      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier this week we saw a PS4 homebrew game port of Roll A Ball / Roll The Ball PKG, and today PlayStation 4 developer @LightningMods returns with a PS4 4.55 Homebrew W.I.P. (work in progress) package via Twitter for other developers to examine and eventually use as a template to build upon when he releases the requested source code. ;)

Download: HW1633-NPXX51898_00-0000000000000000-A0100-V0100.rar (408 MB)

Some screenshots are below, and to quote from his Tweet embedded below: Hello im releasing "4.55 Homebrew W.I.P" Not fully done its a W.I.P but here it is.

Spoiler

:stop: Also below is a PS4 System RW payload for 4.55 ONLY in the form of FTP+RW.bin, however, it comes with a WARNING to use CAUTION if you decide to give the unsandboxed FTP access and re-mount ALL system partitions as RW payload a try.

:alert: It can permanently brick your PS4 so don't use it if you don't know what you're doing and aren't willing to take the risk! :alert:

Download: PS4-System-RW-master.zip / GIT

And from the README.md file for those interested: PS4-System-RW

This Payload gives you Unsandboxed FTP Access and re-mount ALL System Partitions as RW (USE CAUTION) on FW 4.55 ONLY!

Release Features

1. FTP Access (root)
2. Read and Write to the following partitions
  • /system_ex
  • /system_tmp
  • /preinst
  • /preinst2
  • /dev (sometimes works)
  • Some others i might have forgot
3. Optimized for use with a HEN (No Freezing!)

Credits
  • SiSTRo
  • Me
  • XVortex
Spoiler

Cheers to 0XD4RK for the heads-up on the news! :beer:
PS4 4.55 Homebrew W.I.P. Package (PKG) by LightningMods.jpg

PS4 4.55 Homebrew W.I.P. Package (PKG) by LightningMods 2.jpg

PS4 System RW Unsandboxed FTP Access and Re-mount ALL System Partitions as RW.jpg

Comments

@Grandblue
Pretty sure you will have to run hen for it to work. Please correct me if I’m wrong as I’m still on 4.05. I haven’t got around to moving to 4.55 yet.

You obviously need to deploy HEN first before this. This app will be very useful to enable FTP and other stuff which always failed for me. Gonna give this a try soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back