Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 14, 2018 at 1:56 AM       20      
Status
Not open for further replies.
As he did with the 4.05 Kernel Exploit and 4.55 WebKit Exploit, following the initial announcement and 5.05 Kernel Exploit release PlayStation 4 developer @SpecterDev has now made available via Twitter a writeup documenting his PS4 5.05 Kernel Exploit for others to examine and learn from. :notworthy:

To quote from the PS4 5.05 BPF Double Free Kernel Exploit Writeup.md on Github, in part: Conclusion

Another cool bug to exploit. It should have been a trivial exploit, however Sony's new mitigation that prevents exploit devs from pivoting RSP into userland memory while in kernel context is quite effective, and some tricks had to be used to get the chain into kernel memory - but as demonstrated, it is beatable.

This exploit is also a good example of how double free()'s can be exploited fairly easily on FreeBSD if they're on an object of decent size.

Credits
Additional Thanks
  • TheFloW - Suggestions and Feedback
References
PS4 5.05 Kernel Exploit Writeup Documentation by SpecterDev.jpg

Comments

Hi, I am an absolute noob to ps4 cfw and also to psxhax, I’m not even 100% if I am asking this question in the right area or where it is that I do so lol.

My question is, I have a PS4 1tb running fw 4.07, my PS4 has downloaded firmware versions 4.72, 4.73 and 5.55 although they are sitting there waiting to manually install. I wish to install the best or most current cfw and was wondering if someone would be so kind as to help get me started?

I am aware to avoid fw 5.55, I’m not sure if I attempt to install 4.72 if it will default just install 5.55 and stuff my chances, I am also unsure if I need to install any of them. Should I just follow a tutorial on exploiting fw 5.05 and will that work on 4.07? Or do I need to obtain and install 5.05 or another lower fw before I exploit (jailbreak)?

I am happy to cop as many noob jokes as possible as long as I can educate myself in the process.

Thanks guys, look forward to a reply

Disconnect PS4 from internet and download a copy of the 5,05FW, stick it on a USB (you make a folder inside the root of the USB which you will have to rename) and then insert to PS4 and update from USB.

Once updated you can run the exploit and delete the remaining pending updates.

Cannot Update from 4.55 to 5.05, when i try update i got some error " SU-30634-6 ", before i am use Android App to Host by stooged,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back