Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 24, 2018 at 4:42 AM       17      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier this month Sony announced that a PSN Online ID Change feature was coming to PS4 Beta Testers, and since PlayStation 4 Firmware 6.02 rolled out last week many including @ZachZS received an invitation for testing the PS4 6.10 Beta Firmware which incorporates the PSN Online ID Change feature with some hefty Terms and Conditions (below) as Miku Maekawa reveals... leaving some deciding not to change their PlayStation Network Online Identification after all. :cautious:

To quote from the PSN Online ID Change Terms and Conditions: Change Online ID Overview

As part of the System Software 6.10 preview, we are rolling out the upcoming Change Online ID system feature. As a preview user you will be able to change your Online ID using the new system tools.

To use this feature please ensure you have a clear understanding of the implications of changing your Online ID and the software’s restrictions – described in the following sections – before software installation. If you are unsure, do not download and install the Preview Program software.

Important Information Before Changing your Online ID:

Not all games and applications for PS4, PS3, PS Vita, and other PlayStation systems support the Online ID change feature. If you change your Online ID:
  • You may lose access to content (including paid-for content) that you have acquired for your games, including content like add-ons and virtual currency.
  • You may lose your progress within games, including game saved data, leaderboard data and progress toward trophies.
  • Parts of your games and applications might not function properly, both online and offline.
  • Your previous Online ID(s) may remain visible to you and other players in some places.
Change Online ID Restrictions During Preview:

The changes during the preview will adhere to the following structure:
  • First change is free for all users.
  • Second change will be charged at €9.99 / £7.99 (PlayStationPlus subscribers receive a 50% discount).
  • If your previous Online ID violates any of the current Terms of Service, you will not be able to revert back to your previous Online ID.
  • You can revert to your previous Online ID once per account during the preview period.
  • Sub-Accounts cannot utilize the Change Online ID feature.
  • After you change your Online ID, it may take a few hours for some services and applications to reflect the new ID.
If for any reason you have issues after changing your Online ID you can revert back to your previous ID at no charge. However:
  • you may only do this once during the preview period;
  • changing back to your previous Online ID may not fix all issues (you may not recover all or any lost content, progress and functionality; and
  • if you want to change back, do so as soon as possible because changing back to your previous Online ID may affect content, game progress and functionality associated with your new Online ID.
Customer Support:

During the preview period if issues occur after changing your Online ID, and you need to revert to your previous ID, please use the following link: www.playstation.com/onlineid/revert. All revert requests will be processed within 24 hours.

Below are some screenshots of the PSN ID Changing process from Miku Maekawa:

Spoiler: Related Tweets

From Pastebin.com: PS4 ~ Update to 6.10 beta without needing invite
Code:
0.Prologue
Typically, to install a BETA you have to be invited or have a friend with the BETA invitation that lets you use their account in order to install it.
If you can't do the above, and cannot wait for the Official release, you can use my method to install the BETA firmware.

BOTH UPDATE FILES ARE FROM OFFICIAL SONY SERVERS

I. Preparation:
Requirements: 2 USB Sticks (mainly for simplicity reasons), you can also do this with a single USB stick.
1) Download the CURRENT firmware and copy it into the folder PS4\UPDATE on USB1.
http://dus01.ps4.update.playstation.net/update/ps4/image/2018_1015/sys_9ef581a6ef5a171862544628d0449701/PS4UPDATE.PUP
2) Download the BETA firmware and copy it into the folder PS4\UPDATE on USB2.
http://dus01.ps4.update.playstation.net/update/ps4/exp_beta/image/2018_1016/sys_a6a94b8feadd13121212c8aef5f5c7d8/PS4UPDATE.PUP

II. Installation:
1) Boot your PS4 into Safe Mode (Hold the power button on the PS4 for 7-8 seconds till you hear a second beep) 2) Select the <3. Update System Software> option 3) Select the <1. Update from USB Storage Device> option 4) Insert USB1, select <OK> then <next> and let it copy over the update

NOTE: When you reach the Update prompt (The PS4 will restart and start the update)...

5) Eject USB1, select <Update> and after rebooting (but before the PS4 gets to the update screen), power off your PS4
This is the tricky part, you basically have two methods (Method A is easier and more reliable):

Method A) Just remove the power cord when you hear that it's starting again (before you see the updater screen)

Method B) You can hold the power button (for quite some time) and select restart a few seconds before the PS4 would normally turn off

NOTE: Since the update process didnt start yet, there should be no harm done to your system, but the next time you normally boot it up, it will automatically go into the Update Mode, so to get around this...

6) Boot your PS4 into Safe Mode (again) 7) Select the <3. Update System Software> option 8) Select the <1. Update from USB Storage Device> option 9) Insert USB2, select <OK> then <next> and let it copy over the update

NOTE: Now you will get an error message (CE-35948-9), as the BETA PUP can't normally be installed using Safe Mode...

10) Eject USB2, select <OK> then select the <1. Restart PS4> option

NOTE: It will now boot into the Update Mode and install the BETA firmware!!!

Credits:
SamettoChan for providing the BETA PUP URL
TehPoisonOne for the Installation Method
/u/SocraticBliss for cleaning up the Tutorial
PS4 6.10 Updating To 6.10 PSN Name Changes & Other New Features

Spoiler: Additional Tweets
PS4 6.10 Beta Firmware Includes New PSN Online ID Change Feature 2.jpg

PS4 6.10 Beta Firmware Includes New PSN Online ID Change Feature 3.jpg

PS4 6.10 Beta Firmware Includes New PSN Online ID Change Feature 4.jpg

PS4 6.10 Beta Firmware Includes New PSN Online ID Change Feature 5.jpg

PS4 6.10 Beta Firmware Includes New PSN Online ID Change Feature 6.jpg

PS4 6.10 Beta Firmware Includes New PSN Online ID Change Feature.jpg

Comments

Another useless update...

Seems to me that sony just pumping updates to prevent jailbreaking, and forcing users to update, every new game will require higher and higher firmware. And with every update jailbreak community is one step further, to the moment when current jailbreaked will be totally obsoleted. That is, if no new version jailbreak arrives by that point, or scene don't find a way to bypass firmware version that game "requires".

Just look how many games are between 4.05 and 5.05, tons of games... Then look how many is there from 5.05 to 6.0.... Basically every fifth game requires newer firmware.

@rustomen you totaly missed my point.

Not sure what's the reason for being rude, but... As some may recall, on several occasions i stated that i buy my games, so the "p" word is not my primary interest... And benefit from jailbreak which i use is that i can fpkg my original disc, install it and play all my games without changing, while my original discs looking pretty in their fancy cases in my shelf above ps4....

Also, why assume that i'm, as you call it broke... and that i have only one console... Very rude and totally pointless

Lol they charge a fee ontop of your psn plus account ..geez what pos feature changing your psn id should be as easy as changing a screen name...

they can have something else perma tied to account like a number code underneath so you could always keep track of friends and scoreboards wouldnt be all over the place...

mehhhh come on sony you can do better than this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back