Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 27, 2019 at 4:04 PM       147      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently developer Fire30 shared on Twitter some PS4 Firmware 6.20 Build Strings which have been added to the Dev Wiki displaying the current status as 'dumped' leaving many asking the proverbial question of ETA WEN for a public kernel exploit release to complement the PS4 6.XX JSC_ConcatMemcpy WebKit Exploit so PlayStation 4 consoles on recent Firmware can be jailbroken. :unsure:

Previously Fire30 publicly released a PS4 Webkit Exploit PoC for 2.XX OFW, PS4 HENkaku Exploit for 3.55 Code Execution and FireKaku PS4 3.15 / 3.50 OFW Ports of the exploit... so although he may decide not to do a public 6.20 release at least he has a track record of sharing his findings publicly with the PS4 scene in the past. :lovewins:

To speculate briefly, besides obvious legal hassles a reason he may opt against doing a public 6.20 kxploit release is what developer @Mathieulh (Twitter) mentioned on Discord last month... to quote:

"No one is interested in doing a release for various reasons including how we don't have any other exploit chain after this one XD"

Like it or not, that's a compelling reason to keep things private (for the moment) among PS4 developers since end-users can still obtain jailbreakable consoles if they're willing to pay what those selling them are asking.

Code:
cat 620.elf | head -c 4096 | sha1sum 2e83ab92cf84da74b526db13500f4611583f7c45 -
Code:
r109816/release_branches/release_06.200 Nov 2 2018 05:41:33

PS4 Testkit Build String (5.50 - 6.20) via MrNiato
Code:
6.20 : r109816/release_branches/release_06.200 Nov 2 2018 6:41:43 AM
6.02 : r108670/release_branches/release_06.020 Oct 15 2018 3:37:52 PM
5.55 : r96810/release_branches/release_05.550 May 10 2018 12:40:23 PM
5.53 : r91210/release_branches/release_05.530 Mar 28 2018 6:30:33 AM
5.50 : r90807/release_branches/release_05.500 Mar 2 2018 6:29:37 AM
From Pastebin.com comes more PS4 developer build strings since the 6.50 BETA: :fire:
Code:
release: 0x06503010
build: cex
security-repository-path: release_branches/release_06.500
security-revision: 9852
sys-repository-path: release_branches/release_06.500
sys-revision: 117453
***-internal-build-number: 110553
middleware-repository-path: release_branches/release_06.500
middleware-revision: 20512
middleware-build-number: 70689
vsh-repository-path: release_branches/release_06.500
vsh-revision: 172011
vsh-build-number: 1120522
Spoiler: PS4 6.20 HEN & Demo Videos
Code:
CEX | 2.03 | r47215/release_branches/release_02.030 Nov 25 2014 05:39:10 | decrypted

DEX | 1.051 | r29941/release_branches/release_01.051 Oct  3 2013 23:56:24 | dumped
Download: 6.20-FS.zip (323 MB - FULL 6.20 Fs with modules, decrypted) / Kernel_Dump_620-1.zip (20.5 MB - 6.20 kernel) / 6.20 kernel offsets via LightningMods

Thanks to @MrNiato (Twitter) for passing along this news earlier on! (y)
PS4 6.20 Build Strings by Fire30, ETA WEN for Kernel Exploit.jpg

Comments

@agk90 Since nobody pointed it out yet:

The entrypoint for the switch homebrew devs is in the hardware. There is no (known) way for Nintendo to fix this via update. All they can do is protect their software more, but they arent pretty good at it. So the security of the switch is open on hardware level and the devs can most likely do anything with the switch.

For the PS4 we only got a software point to attack. Sony could patch this in hours after releasing the method for 5.55 or 6.20. Since then the devs would have to find a new exploit, if there is even another possible one. We dont know. If the devs release the exploit now, sony will patch it and every game/console with higher firmware will be done for years. So the devs are keeping it private and will most likely publish it, when game support is ended. Then we can use the full library of the console.

I dont think the PS4 will ever have a CFW like the PS3 did. But who knows. Maybe Sony is messing up and will open a door that wide, the devs will find it and hack the crap out of it.

@Jhonny ya man. It's REALLY difficult to comprehend the people we're dealing with. Just consider.. 10 years ago. Ok. Softmod Wii right. Just take it for granted that was only 10 years ago.

Then. I'm watching this animated youtube video of some guy in his 20's talk about dumb customers from Subway. then it hits me... He says.. 10 years ago he was in ... fkn 7th grade. These 21 year old developers who grew up on teletubbies, that everyone else in the world used to mock. Are the people taking over the internet.. Generation Z. It's their crowd that was brainwashed all through school SUPPORT THE DEVELOPPERssss. DONT STEAL PROGRAmmmms.

It's that crap mentality brainwashing. I saw it, everyone else saw it too when Steam got rid of Greenlight and Total Biscuit and Jim Sterling always went on how crappy Steam was turning into. Because those brainwashed 7th graders now self taught "game developers" trying to push their ignorance upon everyone else.

Dude. It was really bad 1st year after VR came out and people coming together doing steam refunds backing up a bunch of VR titles. Steam will allow ANYONE to post unity asset flips if it has VR on it. SO MUCH GARBAGE.. I wanted to puke. Did like 700 refunds of that trash I wanted to puke.

Then I have to read all over the internet elsewhere.. GOTTA SUPPORT THE DEVELOPERS.. fk that brainwashing. Been copying that floppy since the 80's some 21 year old isn't going to change the world. White knights have no place on modding forums. I'm not buying a 2nd ps4 just to play crappy steam indie ports to support trash "developers". Waste of money.

@brenry No worries mate, it's all good.... can't go wrong with a wiiu (y)

@agk90 I was being facetious, but okay. Try seeing it from the devs perspective, what would be his motivation in releasing said exploit (taking into account that fire30's background is IT Security, as well as it being the only entry point known currently on 6.20?)... so some people on the internet can play Red dead, Spider-man etc for free? C'mon, you haven't got a leg to stand on...

is the entry point for 5.55 the same for 6.20?
the question here is why go to twitter saying that he has a entry point if there is no intetional to make it public soon?

Million Dollar question: Why did he announce something when he is not planning to release it to the public?

It's like saying hey guys i made a cfw for the ps4, BUT i will not release it lol

I agree why announce it if it's not going to be released, as that might give Sony a heads up and come out with another firmware

So everything that is shown on the social networks, MUST be made public?

I don't think chicks showing bums on instagram make them available to the public use. Socials are made to satisfy the own ego, so stop being so childish.

i think it is a great news to know that the current entry point still can be used up to 6.2 which mean that $ did not figure it out for now.

Actually it is a trade point that if they release now which $ will take immediate action and patch it. Then we need to wait another round for dev to work on it. then at that points sure many people asking when is >6.20 exploit this and that when new game is released. The request is endless. But if we have more patient to wait then we are able to have more games to be able to access.

I personally do not mind to wait though i really want to play on the new release KH3. So i really appreciate the hard work from dev. Keep up the work.

Thank you for providing all this.

Me too I'm waiting for a cracked version of Resident Evil 2 to play on my PC, I think I'll have to wait for a few days more.
For PC players, the wait is hard too :(

It's kinda wishful thinking that devs are trying to hold on a 6.20 exploit so we could play the latest games until it is patched.

but we all know devs are not interested in backup games... or us getting to play the latest games on a hacked ps4.

if there is some miracle that there's something on 6.20 that would benefit homebrews greatly for devs. I don't think they will release one soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back