Category PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 4, 2019 at 12:04 AM       28,418       66            
While there is no ETA on future PS4 jailbreak exploits yet and current jailbroken PS4 5.05 consoles can run homebrew and play hundreds of PS4 Fake PKG games, those stuck on PS4 4.74 OFW due to a missing or broken Blu-ray drive can now directly update to PS4 5.05 OFW to enjoy all the fun of a 5.05 PS4 jailbroken console following the previously released PS4Brew 4.74 Kernel Exploit! đź’˝ đź“€

:alert: As a precaution, PS4 scene developers strongly advise those who attempt this PS4 BD Driveless Updating 4.74 (No BD) to 5.05 Patch Updater method to backup your HDD as soon as you're on 5.05 Firmware. :alert:

From Logic-Sunrise.com, to quote roughly translated: [PS4] A solution to update from 4.74 to 5.05 with the HS reader!

The developer Zecoaxo informs us that a solution has just come out for those who were stuck in firmware 4.74 following a bluray drive out of order.

A direct update solution to version 5.05 is now available.

To update the console on the firmware 5.05, just run the HEN on the firmware 4.74, inject the payload jkpatchsyscall9.bin, install the package 505.pkg, then install the firmware 5.05 from a USB device connected to the console.

For the moment, no brick is raised, but hey you take the risk of experiencing this kind of problem.

To sum up:
  • Remove any PUP from the / update / directory of your USB key
  • Download the magic_update.7z (11.52 MB) payload jkpatchsyscall9.bin and the 505.pkg or here (Mirror)
  • Put the PS4UPDATE.PUP on the usb0 (the PUP of 5.05)
  • Install the PKG and restart
  • Install syscall9 with payload
  • Launch the HEN after sending it (zecoxao.github.io)
  • Launch the upgrade from firmware 4.74 to 5.05
Before you start, make sure you have all the elements, and understand the approach!

All this has been tested on PlayStation 4 1000/1100 series consoles, but it should work on PlayStation 4 Pro, in fact the payload allows to launch on a console at HS bluray the update.

Zecoaxo recognizes that the most unstable part is the HEN that can crash when launching an application.

Everything is there: discordapp.com

Thanks to the devs who helped in this advance!
PS4 No BD 4.74 to 5.05 Update via tiago92ba
Obscure PS4 fact of the day: If you, by any means, decide to attempt to update or downgrade your ps4 using weird methods, know that orbis_swu will check if the *** version in the backup banks is equal or superior to the one you'll attempt up/downgrading to.
PS4 BD Driveless Updating 4.74 (No BD) to 5.05 Patch Updater Method.jpg

Comments

jaster0589

Contributor
Hello. I have firmware on ps4 5.05. I eneble to update the hard drive by first cloning, but it all crashed. I connect my native hard drive now, asks to restore the system. I don't have an optical drive or a board for it.

Is it possible to solve the problem and restore the system without an optical drive. Or you can make a drive patch from another dump? After extractor, how to pack back with another drive dump?

gal95

Contributor
Hello i have problem after install this update.

I followed absolutely all the steps and everything went as it should without any problems, of course the update ended and the console remained working for about 10 minutes without a picture with a white line, after that I turned it off thinking it was a lag and since then I turn it on constantly my blue line flashes. Does anyone have a similar problem and does he know how to solve it?

My PS4 1004 series.

Bigshow123

Contributor
Have a question, seen some people on YouTube saying that they can't update their ps4 with a broken blu ray drive, does that 'drive' really matter for upgrading the software? I mean i don't know the condition of my mine.

NuLLiFiER

Contributor
Verified
I'm curious about that too, but first of all we need a stable 6.72 or 7.02 kexploit, or else even if it worked, the risk of a crash during update process is too damn high!

Recent Articles
PS4HEN 2.1.3 with 7.51 FW Version Spoof 6.72 Port via Joonie86 / SiSTR0
Following PS4HEN v2.1.3, the PS4HEN v2.1.4 Fork, ESP8266 Xploit Host 2.84f, the PS4 6.72 Jailbreak Exploit Menu v5 updates and PS4 Cheater 1.4.8 with 6.72 support by GiantPluto, today PlayStation...
PS4 PKG Sender v1.03 for PlayStation 4 Package Files by FrostySo
Proceeding the PS4 Package Sender 1.2 Update by @MODDEDWARFARE, this weekend PlayStation 4 developer FrostySo of FrostySo.Github.io shared on Twitter his own PS4 PKG Sender v1.0 followed by v1.01...
PSXHAX Member Verification & PS4 Fake PKG (FPKG) Sharing Guide
Since the 6.72 PS4JB release last month we've received several requests to make a detailed guide for getting Verified on PSXHAX and sharing PS4 Fake PKG (FPKG) backports / dumps with other...
State of Play August 2020 Features New Godfall PS5 Gameplay and More!
Following the last PlayStation State of Play event, the Godfall PS5 Reveal Trailer and the Godfall PS5 Box Art here's a recap of the latest State of Play for August 2020 featuring a new Godfall...