Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter nokodemus       18      
Status
Not open for further replies.

nokodemus

Contributor
Hi guys

After my old PS4 couldn't be revived any more about half a year ago, i think it's the right time to get a new one. The console should be exploitable, sooner or later.

So i spotted Amazon Warehouse-Deals as possible opportunity to get a console with low firmware. There are a lots of 1116x and 1216x consoles available.

Does anyone have experience with warehouse deals regarding console's firmware? Should i try to get the oldest device possible, e.g. 1116x for a chance to get <=4.05 or should i go for 1216x or even the new slim console without minding low firmware?

Thank you very much for advice, greets :)

I'm not familiar with that place but if it's new/unopened merchandise then you could try to get an older model (new old stock) with 1.76 firmware.

If they sell used stuff also I'd be cautious naturally as someone may have opened and updated the OFW already.

As you mentioned though, even a 4.05 would be nice to have as chances are we'll see some type of public release or jailbreak for it soon... most likely before higher versions at least. ;)

Thank you :)

You're right, Amazon Warehouse Deals are returned products, which can't be sold as new anymore, e.g. because package or product has scratches or something like that.

Unfortunately Amazon doesn't sell any sealed/new 1116x or 1216x Consoles any more. There are only Slims all the way.

you could try to get an older model (new old stock) with 1.76 firmware.
Thank you very much for linking this info ... Unfortunately i can't find any new/sealed consoles/bundles from this list.

According to another list there's e.g. Arkham Knight Bundle (1116x) shipped with FW <= 4.05 ... I could get hands on this bundle, new/sealed for €299,-

Nice deal or is there probably a reason, why i should better go for the newer 1216x ? I read in some articles, that 11xxx might be a lot louder than 12xxx because of less effective thermal design?

What do you think about this statement in the article which i linked above:

The old “Phat” PS4 model has apparently been discontinued in 2016, so it will most likely always ship with a firmware below 4.05, even outside of a bundle, if you can buy it new. You might want to try your luck.
Does make sense, doesn't it?

Thank you very much for helping me out here :)

That makes sense to me also, although I haven't done much research on PS4 firmware bundles lately.

If I was in a position to be buying one I'd probably do so somewhere I could reach out to the seller to confirm the version before ordering to be safe... which is pretty much what's suggested whenever possible of course. :geek:

Thank you very much :)
Double confirmation that 12xxx most likely ships as <= 4.05 is really helpful.

Reaching out to the seller to see what you get isn't that easy nowadays any more ... I guess you know that very well ^^

That kind of little electronics shops where you could ask for that, don't exist anymore, at least around my place here in Austria ...

But anyway, you already helped me out a lot. So there's no reason why i should better go for 12xxx instead of 11xxx (Arkham Knight Bundle), e.g. for technical reasons like better heatsink construction or something like that?

Greets :)

If 12xxx indeed ships with 4.05 and has improvements like a more efficient cooling system / better heatsink then it sounds like the best option to me if you can get your hands on one :D

Thank you very much :)

I was just curious because i read on some places on the net, that the 1200x was running cooler and more silent than the 1100x model. That's why i liked to ask this :D

As you obviously don't see any heavy pro or cons about each model, i'll go the save way and get the 1100 model / Arkham Knight Bundle.

Thank you for your patience regarding this :happyblush

I'd like to check back with a little bit of feedback. My Arkham Knight Bundle was shipped today. I'm quite sure, it will ship with <= 4.05. According to Bundle Release late 2015 it should even come with very early 3.xx Firmware.

I'll be back as soon as the package arrives, hopefully with expected FW.

If you're from Austria/Germany/Switzerland, check Libro Shop link above. There are still 2 pieces available ;)

Greets :)

Thanks ... always happy to contribute ...
But i'm afraid i've to correct shipping information. The shop only ships to Austria ... :oops:

But probably the info will help somebody anyway, at least another austrian ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back