Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 1, 2018 at 10:56 PM       20      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding the PS4 Games Minimum Firmware Lists, List of PS4 Game Updates Requiring 4.55 or Lower and recent KiiWii SELF HOST INDEX V4.5 update, today @DEFAULTDNB let us know they're seeking data from testers for the CUSA Detector Beta which aims to detect PS4 games with 4.55 base versions and below. (y)

Download: CUSA_Test_4.zip (3 MB)

Spoiler: Legacy Versions

To quote from KiiWii on the release: CUSA DETECTOR is a (windows only) app I threw together to help quickly identify games with BASE versions <=4.55. It is also part of a larger toolbox I have been working on, but I have separated it out as a standalone app for simple testing.

The method I am using is pretty accurate: I think, but I need to be sure. I have referenced octolus, orbismodding, sceparty, and psdevwiki for my current method.

Simply enter the NP TITLE ID of the DISC or PKG you have and get a result instantly. RED for not 4.55 compatible, GREEN for 4.55 compatible.

This app took <10 mins to devise and set up, so I expect there to be a lot of exceptions and bugs, hence why I need testers.

Please report like this or similar: GAME NAME / CUSAXXXXX / FW VERSION (or <> 4.55)

Examples:

Crash N Sane / CUSA07402 / 4.55
SONIC MANIA / CUSA07023 / >4.55
FRIDAY 13TH / CUSA06846 / >4.55
GOW / CUSA07408 / 5.05
GOW / CUSA07412 / 5.05
GOW / CUSA07410 / 5.05
GOW / CUSA07435 / 5.05

Leeful, godreborn, leonmagnus99, peteruk, mech, Roflcopter574, tommaloney, LuigiXL and anyone who can please participate and contribute. Thanks all in advance!
PS4 CUSA Detector Beta for 4.55 and Below Base Versions by KiiWii.jpg

Comments

The tool is for updates, but its not hard to edit a game pkg to achieve the same thing, its just easier/quicker to mod an update.

@barelynotlegal and @DEFAULTDNB may I ask why you need to change the title? Do you mean game title ID? like from CUSAxxxxx to CUSAyyyyy?

I think the tool mentioned by @DEFAULTDNB state that the title ID still have to match. It is just for repacking update for the SAME title ID but have different hash (because of the way people dump games with diff dumpers, etc.)

@DEFAULTDNB I am really curious how you managed to know if a CUSA number is playable or not, is it statically coded (hardcoded?) or there is a special formula.

I wonder also if we will ever be able to display supported languages/subtitles for each release.

@barelynotlegal seems the cusa has to match too, I'm 99% sure you can alter the CUSA of a game similar to how you lower fw requirements, but I will have to look into it: simpler to find matching cusa right now.. https://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps4-pkg-repackager-to-repackage-fake-updates-by-duxa-chrushev.5037/

@M0r0ccaNSiLeNT I have researched (a lot) and hard coded a basic method to distinguish roughly the NP Title ID range vs known titles. The exceptions list is what I am filling now, basically games with low numbers with high fw requirements and high id games with low fw requirements.

Best example: go to octolus search by name and enter "WWII" spot the anomaly?

@FFTHEWINNER thats when the update was public, devs surely had it before in dev kit.

@DEFAULTDNB
Want to change I’d of games so when trainer comes out I can use. All my games are personal dumps not from here. So all my id’s are different. I don’t have hrs upon hrs to make my own.

The problem I think is that the title id is embedded in multiple files and you need to go replace all of them in order to "change title id". So I don't think it's easy as just click a button. Unless there is any tool that does that in the scene.

I am not aware of such thing. I saw one tool that patch fw requirement in all the elf files, but I was not successful in using that because the files we unpack from the pkg is not decrypted. But that's a different topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back