Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 4, 2017 at 11:42 AM       45      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his PS4FileNinja and Source Code releases alongside the recent Flat_z Custom / Repacked PS4 PKGs, this weekend PlayStation 4 developer m0rph3us1987 confirmed via Twitter that PS4 Debug PKG installation with FSELF support on retail consoles is working... while suggesting it may be time to port some emulators such as Libretro since the recent MSX progress. ;)

In the Tweets below he states he ported @flatz's code and it currently works up to PS4 Firmware 5.01, but reminds us a public kernel exploit is required before there will be a release.

PS4 4.05 PKG INSTALL
Someone told me this is not working yet. That is not correct. PKG installs fine. The problem is you would need a license file to play the content. PKG must be on root of USB just like on 1.76. Exciting times....

orbis-ld --fself-flags= >>> Set the fself flags specified.
Possible values are "videoservice" and "nongame"
Code:
orbis-bin.exe --dump-fself-info file.elf Flag Value Non-game 0 Video service 0
Thanks to @raedoob for the heads-up on Twitter of this news and to @Figure03 on the PSXHAX Discord live chat room! <3
PS4 Debug PKG Installation with FSELF Retail Port by M0rph3us1987.jpg

Comments

....shame

instead of complaining about what's not released when the scene isn't quite ready. I remember the 3.41 ps3 days.

when the library of games is full and we still can use those same vulnerabilities In a later firmware. god just wait and be glad that what can be done now could be done way better later.. with Gow and dbz mh and anthem around the corner.

I would prefer to have at least a port of Gaia or Mm. but for now let's be happy it's really begun and that when everything is ready ready .. the scene will explode.. I hope atleast. ^_^

when the library of games is full and we still can use those same vulnerabilities In a later firmware

....... but for now let's be happy it's really begun and that when everything is ready ready .. the scene will explode.. I hope atleast. ^_^
I totally second that ...
Later on guys probably cry around because of missing kexploits of later FWs ... just because all the entry points have been released / used too early ...

Considering this, i guess for the moment 4.05 Kexploit is a fine balance between sharing to the public on the one hand and keeping secrets for the future on the other hand ...

Let's say 4.05 is the golden PS4 FW like 3.55 PS3. What's the chance that you could patch the newer games to work on that FW like you could on PS3? Or is there some kind of hard lock?

no i dont think so. their excuses for not releasing anything than the old 1.76 is because sony will patch the exploit. but if these ideas keep up the best time to release a cfw will be when sony shift focus from ps4 to ps5. and at that time very few will be interested.

really now the ps4 bd drive have a pcb in that pcb is the unique per console key and the firmware that opeperates the comunications between the disk and the console. my ideas? a public way to extract that key, a creation of a cfw that will mimic the ofw of the bd drive, and flashed to an ode.

if the cfw really mimic the ofw of the bd drive it will be difficult to render it useless from a main update, and even if that hapens it will simply require better optimization which is easier from finding a new exploit.

really now the scene want a ps4 that can run backups, the linux thing running emulators is pc stuff. and we already have that.
Oh... so you want a COBRA ODE ???

Let's say 4.05 is the golden PS4 FW like 3.55 PS3. What's the chance that you could patch the newer games to work on that FW like you could on PS3? Or is there some kind of hard lock?
from reading stuff works up to 5.00 and 5.01 but golden firmware wise I would say 1.76

i personally am glad there is no public release (yet), its way too soon and like mentioned earlier the scene isnt ready. we should learn our mistakes from the ps3 days. from reading there is more than one exploit, and maybe if a new one is found on a higher FW then they might release for say 4.xx as that would be a older FW and when it got patched it would be to late as they have moved to a better exploit.
(them throwing a bone to sony) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back