Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 27, 2016 at 7:39 PM       162      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just over a week ago we heard rumors of accessing the PS4 Debug Mode Settings on retail PlayStation 4 consoles, and today scene developer CTurt confirmed it's now possible to access the PS4 Dev Menu on 1.76 retail units thanks to Flat_z! :D

Download: Enable Dev Menu / PS4-dlclose.zip / PS4-debugmenu.bin (1.0 MB Compiled) via fx0day / PS4-debugmenu.bin (1.0 MB Compiled) via Di_Scala_ / Tutorial by Chaos Kid / PS4-dlclose GIT

From Stuart Fox via Facebook comes a video demo also.

:arrow: Update: From lezek20 also comes code to enable the more advanced debug menu (dlclose.bin (1.00 MB) compiled by ultradogg), to quote:
Code:
*(char *)0xFFFFFFFF833242FD = 0x81;
Just add it into the kernel payload before this part:
Code:
writeCr0(cr0);
:alert: This could brick your console btw, so be careful!

:arrow: Update #2: From @j0lama with help from @sealab (Demo video: jgoake.mp4 - 43 MB) via Twitter:
Download: Fully-Enable-Debug-Settings.bin (1 MB)
Code:
Fully enable Debug Settings:
*(uint32_t*) 0xFFFFFFFF8269C07Cull=0;
*(uint32_t*) 0xFFFFFFFF8269B56Full=0;
Thanks to B7U3 C50SS and GrimDoe in the Shoutbox for the heads-up! :)
PS4 Dev Menu 1.jpg

PS4 Dev Menu 2.jpg

PS4 Dev Menu 3.jpg

Comments

No problem, Boss! ;) that heads up is probably the first of many and this confirms my recent post about @zecoxao who now put his twitter back up online for those that haven't noticed somehow... xD would you like to merge this with the old post or put it as a follow up article?

EDIT: I can see now it's there when you click on "rumors" nevermind.. :rolleyes:

Anyone have any save game files? lol
This is some really great news
Can't wait to see what else will unfold
In the time to come :)

Oh guys if you didn't notice yet, I UPDATED the rumors article! so check it out (again) if you haven't seen it yet. Peace!
  • also
How do you compile the new dl close exploit using cturt ***?
Use Cygwin or a VMWARE Player / Workstation With Ubuntu to compile using the Makefile. but i don' t actually know about i'm jus tgoing off of wht @SorenAlke told me once or twice.

Right, @Chaos Kid? :D

Btw, you're still using the forum right Chaos? i don' t see you anywhere lately.

yeeeeaaahaaaa cool news ! thx for share thx to all devs for their work...tomorrow i get my ps4 but the 1216 version so firmware is to high i think but niiiiceeee moveee

great news,but 1 to 10 people are still on 1.76.
or they find a way also for 3.50 or its going to be a downgrade like it was with ps3 fw 2.55

Oh guys if you didn't notice yet, I UPDATED the rumors article! so check it out (again) if you haven't seen it yet. Peace!
  • also

Use Cygwin or a VMWARE Player / Workstation With Ubuntu to compile using the Makefile. but i don' t actually know about i'm jus tgoing off of wht @SorenAlke told me once or twice.

Right, @Chaos Kid? :D

Btw, you're still using the forum right Chaos? i don' t see you anywhere lately.
Yea @SorenAlke stated that a few times n shod be 3.0 according to redhat documents.

N Yea I'm around @B7U3 C50SS just bin busy working with stuff so haven't bin on the forums as much as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back