Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 5, 2020 at 4:32 AM       8      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the previous PS4 Pro (Neo) DevKit Pictures, the recent PS4 1.00 DevKit Kernel Leak and his PS4HEN v2.1.2 & JKPatch 5.03 Ports last month PlayStation 4 scene developer @Al Azif shared an Image Album on Twitter showcasing a PS4 DevKit Teardown featuring a Neo Pro APU with a CXD90044GC Processor.

We've also seen a PS4 DevKit / TestKit Root Kernel Dump on PC Demo, leaked PS4 DevKit Firmware PUPs, a PlayStation 4 TestKit Simple PS4 DEX Console Manager, a PS4 DevKit PUP Archive and PS4 Game Backup Running via DevKit PoC alongside some PS4 DevKit PUP Updates, PS4 Retail vs Non-Retail Dev / Test Console Comparison with PS4 DevKit VSH Differences, some PS4 Pro (NEO) DevKit / TestKit Images, a PS4 Console Manager Tool Source for DevKits, PS4 DevKit ExtDev / IntDev Settings, details on PS4 DevKit System Update 1.72, how to activate / deactivate PS4 DevKit Debug Settings and a guide on Updating a PS4 DevKit with Neighborhood for those interested in PlayStation 4 Development Kits.

Here's to hoping we see a PS5 DevKit teardown surface before the retail PlayStation 5 system launch... below are some related Tweets, and those interested can check out the entire Image Album online. :sneaky:
PS4 DevKit Teardown by Al Azif, Neo Pro APU CXD90044GC Processor.jpg

Comments

Nice pics ! Does it comes with a specific fw? it is up-gradable? is it like a super 5.05 meaning that can you play any 5.05+ games on it?

@Syboo You can upgrade/downgrade Test/Devkits at will as long as you have the corresponding test/devkit PUP. Although you can only go down to a certain version. For instance the testkit I have can only go down to 2.03.

@kir23rus I believe what was said about it was that you needed to meet one of two requirements for it to be possible. One being you need an exploit on the firmware you are downgrading from and two being that you captured some data during your update. Number one defeats the purpose as you already have an exploit, so why risk a brick to downgrade? Anyone still interested in downgraded didn't capture the required data when upgrading so it's not possible.

I don't believe anyone with the skill necessary to try this has continued with any related research, at least publicly. This going off what I remember from way back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back