Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 24, 2016 at 11:38 PM       13      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year we saw a PS4 Kernel Exploit and List of PIDs followed by a PS4 Filesystem Root Dump and now PlayStation 4 hacker esjonne12 Sda shared a video of that PS4 DevKit / TestKit developer kernel dump running on a PC. :cool:

To quote from jonttufin's posts on the demo video: I booted PS4 DevKit kernel on my PC

You remember that testkit root dump that leaked 2015 I ran that kernel on my PC

Sorry for crappy quality

To boot it download Test-Kit-FW-00.820-Root.rar (8.07 MB - Mirror) from somewhere on google, extract all folders inside adm folder to isolinux bootable usb stick overwrite isolinux.cfg, i used YUMI-2.0.2.6, if you use yumi you need to copy those files to /multiboot folder on usb, commands to run the kernel

1 configfile /multiboot/grub2_200
2 kfreebsd /multiboot/orbisys
3 kfreebsd_loadenv /multiboot/orbisys-root.cnf
4 kfreebsd_loadenv /multiboot/orbis.cnf
5 kfreebsd_loadenv /multiboot/orbis-itf.cnf
6 boot and now its booting.

ps it wont support ps2 keyboard :D

Also below is an older PlayStation 4 development system demo video for those interested:

Thanks to @mcmrc1 for the news tip in the PSXHAX Shoutbox!
PS4 DevKit TestKit Root Kernel Dump.jpg

Comments

One of my nice developer friends told me about this before the PS4 was actually released, surprised that it has taken this long for someone to post a video about it...

Lol now, I just need a gaming PC thats the same specs as the PS4 and run this. Boom (probably cheaper) ps4 :cool:
Yea google the price on these babies and let's see you afford that. Specs not exactly as stated so obvious the retail tag on these power machines top dollar

N if you think the image that cturt uploaded is that of the original system think again. N the original distro can run pc side at 1/1000Th the speed using virt-builder.

Maybe do your homework be4 looking at purchasing one of these cuz I can tell you pricetag is 3x out of reach for most folks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back