Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 27, 2020 at 12:45 PM       10,043       30            
We've seen PS4 Envelope Files in Logs, the Decrypted sl-config.xml.env with Event Log Servers, some PS4 Envelope File Documentation earlier this week and today PlayStation 4 scene developer @SocraticBliss shared on Github via Twitter with help from IDC and zecoxao a ps4_env_decryptor.py Python 2 script PS4 Env Decryptor tool used to delve into the PS4's filesystem. :geek:

Download: ps4_env_decryptor.py / ps4_env_decryptor-master.zip / GIT

Here's some additional details from the ps4_env_decryptor README.md, to quote: PS4 Env Decryptor

SocraticBliss (R)

Special Thanks to IDC for finding the Buffers/IV/Flag and implementation suggestions

... Oh and I guess Zecoxao as well

This tool is for decrypting .env files that are found on the PS4 filesystem.

Instructions
  1. Obtain the PS4 Envelope Keys and overwrite the 0's in the python script.
  2. Find an encrypted .env file from an extracted PUP and run the script!
Usage
Code:
python ps4_env_decryptor.py [file]
PS4 .Env Decryptor Python 2 Script for Decrypting Envelope Files.jpg

:idea: Reminder: Those without a Verified Badge yet on Discord to access the private areas we recommend Joining Us! Why? The waiting process takes a week for new Members, and there's a lot we're unable to share on public forums including the latest PS4 PKG Games. 🏴‍☠️

Comments

Stack5474

Contributor
Verified
@Sanyo You are right. He did say vulnerability. I do stand corrected.

:idea: Reminder: Those without a Verified Badge yet on Discord to access the private areas we recommend Joining Us! Why? The waiting process takes a week for new Members, and there's a lot we're unable to share on public forums including the latest PS4 PKG Games. 🏴‍☠️

theryba

Contributor
We, the users should really remember that 4.05 exploit was implemented by Spectre, but it was failoverflow who throw the first brick or rather a huge rock back in the day.

seanp2500

Contributor
Verified
Yeah i agree failoverflow def did the first early writeups. Now the way i even knew that i should stop updating my ps4 was a chinese linux demo tho. They showed mario running around and i was like oh ok lol

flow will totally deliver or at least say hey look i need time. Just gotta wait. Ironically summit the fastest pc found potential chemicals that could be used in a cv vaccine. But i would think it would take months prob a year. I think flow will come through before that.

bats2009

Contributor
I have 5 PS4's on 5.05 or lower 1 ps4 pro 5.05 witch Im currently using also a OG black PS4, The Limited Edition Destiny: The Taken King Bundle New in the box, 2 new in the box PS4 slims COD AW bundle.

mgplayer

Contributor
(the flow-specter and... All are Sony actors) exploit will be available when Sony handsets. Why do you think it should always come to an end?

arifx2

Contributor
Why wait for exploit in every topic, want new game just buy 2nd updated ps4 for low price, buy ps plus for monthly surprise, buy and resell used games.

Recent Articles
Sega's Game Gear Micro Arrives October 6th in Japan, Demo Video
In line with the Genesis Mini and TurboGrafx-16 Mini, to celebrate their 60th anniversary Sega recently announced plans to launch a Game Gear Micro handheld console scheduled for release on...
PS5 Development Kit (DevKit) Cooling System Revealed in New Patent
According to reports, as manufacturing nears completion and with Sony postponing the unveiling the likelihood of PS5's design leaking early increases... since the initial patent, leaked images and...
PS4 Tools Homebrew WIP Showcase FPKG by xXxTheDarkprogramerxXx
Following his PS4 HEN 2.1.4 Port, PlayStation 4 homebrew developer @TheDarkprograme made available via Twitter a work-in-progress (WIP) PS4 Tools Homebrew Showcase FPKG for PS4 jailbroken console...
BitHunter Tool to Extract / Pull PS4 Game Trophy Data by AlexKalopsia
Proceeding the MyTrophies PS4 Trophy Calculator for use on jailbroken PlayStation 4 consoles running PS4HEN comes BitHunter, which is a Python-based tool to extract / pull information from PS4...