Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter singdan       11      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you're pretty much screwed unless what you did was related to billing. Sell that junk for $250 and build yourself a $500 gaming rig. If you get banned from PC servers you can always remove it.

On that error a search shows: https://support.us.playstation.com/scea_searchresults?lang=en_US&selStr=ws-37338-4

This PS4 console has been permanently banned from the PlayStation Network

This console has been permanently banned from accessing PSN services for violating our Terms of Service and User Agreement. Please refer to this support article for more information on bans and suspensions.
So if I buy a new console will it be banned too cause its the same IP address I'll be using could this happen.

Well, most likely it's a console ban versus an IP ban... before I'd buy another PS4 I would contact Sony and try to get them to reverse the ban.

People with banned consoles who were nice but persistent with Sony have managed to go through 2-3 different reps until finally getting them to give the person a 'date' when the ban would be lifted... as the idiom goes: The squeaky wheel gets the grease :)

Does it throw ya an error code, or did you get an email on the ban from Sony?

The reason I ask is if it's a PS4 console error you may be screwed (short of selling or trading the console in for another) but if the ban is on a PSN account you could try another account before losing hope.

Yeah the error code is the same as the one on this post (WS-37338-4). The message says that access from the PS4 is banned, and none of my other accounts work either. After my 3rd call to Sony they told me that there is some type of debt on another account. My credit card got hacked so I had to refund a bunch of stuff, I told them that and they said I have to pay it off. But they won't tell me what account it's on, what the debt is for, how much the debt is, or anything else I need to be able to pay back a debt that I didn't even create :(

Wow, so if I'm following even though you disputed the charges they still are making you pay it off (prolly detected the accounts are linked through signing on a single device) and they won't tell you the amount owed or which account it's owed on eh?

Based on similar horror stories that doesn't completely surprise me, but it's definitely poor customer service on Sony's part :mad:

If it was me, I'd grit my teeth and keep trying different Sony reps until one of them either slips the pending debt details or is actually honest and tells me WTH I have to do to get my PS4 back online. :rolleyes:

It's frustrating as hell, but the alternative to get another PS4 and create a completely new PSN account for it from a different IP may end up costing more than just your time. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back