Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 5, 2018 at 9:35 AM       133      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the 4th of July holiday PlayStation 4 developer @flatz shared a 5.01 shellcore patch on Twitter allowing the PS4 FPKG installer to work with an external hard drive without any CE-41798-9 error codes, and shortly following zecoxao shared the related patch offsets for 4.55 and 5.05 OFW versions allowing @XVortex via Twitter to update the PS4 Homebrew Enabler PS4 HEN VTX for 5.05 Firmware with PS4 Exploit Host author @Al Azif on Twitter also updating his DNS HEN 1.7 and Mod Menus. :love:

PlayStation 4 developer @stooged also shared some holiday updates with everyone in the form of PS4_Serve3 v2.0 and Cache Install v9 which add PS4HEN 1.7 allowing games to be installed to a PS4-formatted external HDD now alongside @pearlxcore who announced on Twitter that he's also updated his PlayStation exploit page at Pearlxcore.net as well as PS4.Editzz.net by EdiTzZ and a v1.7 update by Codsworth. (y)

Below are several PlayStation 4 external HDD articles since support was added in PS4 OFW 4.50 with some related Tweets, as follows:
JAILBREAK PS4 5.05 HOW TO INSTALL FPKG TO EXTENDED STORAGE
Content of extended Storage from PS4 6.xx can be read on PS4 5.05:
  • Start hen v2.1
  • Connect your USB drive
  • At update message select later
  • Go to Debug Settings \ External HDD \ Format version
  • Replace 06000000 by 045000000
  • Go back to Settings \ Devices \ Usb drive \ and select your USB drive
  • Click on "use as extended Storage"
  • Go back to XMB and let the system check all the disk (could be long depending of data size)
You can start game if you have license on your PS4 5.05
I forgot to say that games requiring 6.xx will not work on your 5.05 with this method :)

PS4 External HDD Patch by Flatz and HEN 5.05 Updates by XVortex.jpg

Comments

Hi guys, I really have little to no idea what all of this means, but i bought a jailbroken 5.05 ps4 here in Cambodia, and it works fine, apart from trying to figure out how to use an external HDD to run games from. I only have a 500Gb internal HDD, which is full now, so I'd like to be able to use an external HDD to run the games from.

I'm using the HEN from flatz and vortex, but when I go to the user guide, to run the apptousb thing, it says "Cannot display the page (WV-33898-1). I'm at a loss as to where to go from here...

Any ideas to help a complete newbie here...?

Actually I found out that if you press the power button when in rest mode, the console wakes up normally. However, if you pressed the ps button in the controller you will get a black screen. Interesting?

There's an issue with Hen 1.7.

The external HDD doesn't retain dlcs if the PS4 crashes (kernel panic) or is turned off abruptly by removing the power cable. Either of these cause the PS4 to say that the external drive needs to be repaired. Once repaired, the games and updates are all still there but the dlcs are removed.

The actual dlcs and their pkg files are there on the external drive (checked using FTP) but for whatever reason the PS4 does not recognise them.

Going into game information does not display any add-on as being installed. Checked with multiple games.

Haven't seen this reported much except for one other person on Reddit. Not sure where to report it exactly so I'm posting it here for now.

@XVortex @PSXHAX

@Xylon851 I don't think XVortex can do anything about that. My guess is that the database is being rebuilt when your PS4 crashes which is clearing the DLCs from it for whatever reason. Have you tried backing up the database and restoring it after a crash to see if this restores the DLCs?

@mschumacher69 Good suggestion. I'll try that if the PS4 crashes. And I figured I should still report it even if nothing can be done about the issue.

@PSXHAX The GitHub link given is for pull request. I could not find the issues section. Perhaps you could point me in the right direction?

@mschumacher69 My PS4 crashed again and so I tried your suggestion and restored my database (had made a backup earlier). This fixes the dlcs disappearing issue. Thanks!

I suppose we'll just have to backup the database every time the PS4 installs something new..

As if it was such a save state and load state ps4 as in emu nesa (hen + mira for example mods ??) for example gran turismo could be played. 1.44 min

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back