Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Today I (@CyB1K on Github or Cyberpt1000 on Twitter) present PS4 Fake PKG Tools 3.87 including Fake PKG Generator for PS4 Version 3.87 (Build 3.87.7549.35163) Patched for PS4 FPKGs with a Custom PKG Key, Fake SELF Support and Online Checks Patched followed by some updates for Keystones, the fixed PS4 Fake PKG Tools 3.87 (V4 Patched), PS4 Fake PKG Tools 3.87 V5 and latest PS4 Fake PKG Tools 3.87 V6. :)

Download: PS4_Fake_PKG_Tools_3.87_V6.rar (6.36 MB - includes gengp4_app.exe, gengp4_patch.exe, orbis-pub-chk.exe, orbis-pub-cmd.exe, orbis-pub-gen.exe, orbis-pub-prx.dll, orbis-pub-sfo.exe, orbis-pub-trp.exe, di.exe, libatrac9.dll, sc.exe and pkg.exe) / GIT / Temp-Folder-Patcher.bat

Spoiler: Depreciated

For those who enjoy my PS4 Game Backports and related work, I have a PayPal Page set up for donations to help with disk and storage costs. <3

:note: Brief background: Many in the PlayStation 4 Scene sought to replace the outdated Fake PKG Generator v3.38 for generating PS4 FPKGs with an updated version, however, Fake PKG Generator for PS4 Version 3.70 (Build 3.70.7110.1152) was never released due to LM-based drama over DMs while the orbis-pub-prx.dll offsets of PS4_Fake_PKG_Tools_v3.87.rar from the PS4 DevKit Leak this summer weren't patched for use with PS4 Fake PKGs... until now!

And from my PS4 Fake PKG Tools 3.87 (Patched) Release Post:

I patched the latest 3.87 tools. Both pub gen and cmd works, I also patched the check on download data size that was required to backport apps. SELFs are also patched to work ofc (slowly I'm learning assembly and its exciting :D)

For now I will keep doing my best to try to find a way to patch it to use original keystones directly :)
Code:
_________        __________  ____ ____  __
\_   ___ \___ __ \______   \/_   |    |/ _|
/    \  \<   |  | |    |  _/ |   |      <
\     \___\___  | |    |   \ |   |    |  \
 \______  / ____| |______  / |___|____|__ \
        \/\/             \/              \/
From the README.md: PS4-Fake-PKG-Tools-3.87

Patched 3.87 Tools

V4 (All working now... maybeeee? ^-^"):

Patched sc.exe which wasnt patched and so games wouldnt work, big thanks to TheRadziu and my partner Arczi for the help!

Other fixes applied here and there, thanks to my friend Opoisso for the help! Thanks to Arczi for testing it all with me!

Let me know if you find anything else broken and ill fix (Forgive me for i am a mess with focusing on loads of files with same names) :D

Added a version of 3.87 to be used with PSX-FPKG and PS2-FPKG To PS4 PKG builders if you want. I didn't do much testing to that, tested obscure with jak2 emulator and it was working.

You need to always make sure your app/base files has a keystone on "sce_sys\keystone" before building a base pkg as it will build it without a keystone inside otherwise, which would cause the game to not work or save!

Use the gengp4's accordingly to make sure apps/bases are built with a keystone and avoid accidentally building patches/updates with keystones, which can happen if for example you move files from base's sce_sys into a patch sce_sys folder.

DONT use the old versions, as they wont work! Sorry!

V3 (Original keystone patch / No more fake file):

So i managed to reverse LMAN's legendary loader and managed to patch the keystone correctly now, it will no longer create a fake file inside and pkg will contain only the original keystone!

You need to always make sure your app/base files has a keystone on "sce_sys\keystone" before using these to build a pkg as it will not build a pkg with a keystone inside otherwise, which would cause the game to not work or save!

Use the gengp4's accordingly to make sure apps/bases are built with a keystone and avoid accidentally building patches/updates with keystones, which can happen if for example you move files from base's sce_sys into a patch sce_sys folder.

V2 (Original keystone patch):

This version uses a patched rename of keystone in the tools, so you can now build base games with original keystone directly from the tools without the need for a loader or gui.

The downside, you need to always make sure your app/base files has a keystone on "sce_sys\keystone" before using these to build a pkg as it will not build a pkg with a working keystone otherwise, which would cause the game to not work or save!

Pkgs will be created with a file named "fakekeys" which is the renamed generated fake keystone.

Instructions to build pkgs properly

Extracted Game (For repacks, ignore this one if its a dump):

1. Extract all files from base or update.
  2. After extracting rename the folder from Image0 to CUSAXXXXX-app or CUSAXXXXX-patch, accordingly.
  3. Move the files from the folder "Sc0" to "CUSAXXXXX-app\sce_sys" or "CUSAXXXXX-patch\sce_sys" and delete the "Sc0" folder after.
  4. Continue the instructions the same as a dump.
Dumped Base Game:
  1. Generate gp4 project file with geng4_app.exe from CUSAXXXXX-app of your dump and save it.
  2. Open in orbis-pub-gen.exe that saved *.gp4 file and build pkg.
Dumped Update Game:
  1. Generate gp4 project file with geng4_patch.exe from CUSAXXXXX-patch of your dump and save it.
  2. Open in orbis-pub-gen.exe that saved *.gp4 file.
  3. Make sure that you have selected base game pkg in Command > Project Settings > Patch Tab > "Application Package" field.
  4. Build pkg.
Always make a copy of "param.sfo" from "sce_sys" to somewhere else before generating a gp4 as it can change and corrupt the param if the folders are not properly named.

If you are repacking a game made with this tools, you first need to delete the file "fakekeys" from sce_sys before creating a gp4 or it will fail and error when building the pkg!

XXXXX - Stands for the CUSA of the game you are packing.

Credits to flat_z, cfwprophet, SocraticBliss, TheRadziu and everyone else who worked on earlier tools patches!

Credits to LMAN for his patched gengp4 :)

Credits to Arczi for the help!

Enjoy

By CyB1K
PS4 Fake PKG Tools with Fake PKG Generator 3.87 Patched for FPKGs by CyB1K.png

Comments

@Havok1974 it probably needs the entitlement key so you cant use this program. Using PkgEditor just drop and drag US dlc onto exe and click on export to gp4 then modify gp4 and param.sfo to EU then rebuild using pkgeditor.

Feedback a bug, when exporting the file in the original PKG (already have a passcode for this original PKG), unable to extract trophy file, version 3.38 does not have this issue

Hello.
I try to change the region of an two unlockable DLC doom eternal (EUR to USA). all good with the steps. But when generating the FPKG throws me "the name of the file is invalid (sce_sys/licence.dat)". It happens with several versions.

what can be wrong?

Hi, a few questions.
If I marry the game and the patch, then the file sce_discmap_patch.plt will not be packed in pkg. Does it matter? (I don't know what this file does)

And second, if you create a patch through gengp4_patch.exe, still needs to be changed in GP4 app - patch, and 50 - 25, why not do it automatically?

yeah 34878 would pertain to any and all unhandled general errors related to anything from fragmented chunks, missing files, bad FPKG build environment (ie fragmented program files or dependencies, old versions of the toolset, etc).

34878 can be encountered anytime a program crashes for any reason not defined under the crash conditions in the ps4 software itself, meaning the console didn't know exactly what went wrong and throws this general error as a result.

check your dumps for integrity, meaning every file is the size and contains the content it should, every file is present in the dump, and of course verify that all req system files be in the place they need to be.

ive encountered this error many times for many reasons you just need to think logically and trouble shoot systematically to find where the issue lies is, if any.

make sure you inject your keystone files proper and ensure you utilize the fpkg integrity checker after you build, this will tell you immediately if there is an issue in building said fpkg BEFORE you install to system.

also as a side note ive encountered this error in retroarch by editing certain offsets in certain games, 34878 is not specific in the least and should be dealt with in a systematic and logical way.

Ive done a patch to integrity check and i think this skipped the integrity check (or at least partially) making pkgs creation faster, or so i hope! Ive tested it with a 7gb pkg but im not sure if it was just coincidence so ill need some more testing but i can say i did not get a check integrity displayed in log neither it got stuck. Dont want to keep peoples hope up to then bring disappointment haha

Prior to this patch ive done an attempt to remove it too or try to return into the course of the pkg creation skipping integrity check all together, keep in mind 2.89 is faster but it still has integrity check it just have 1 less full subroutine on the matter and so is faster.

My last attempt resulted in an instant pkg creation without checks with a twist, it was done by crashing the program during the integrity check haha. I said a couple times the pkg is completed after the digest calculation is done and at 84% so causing the program to crash during the start of the integrity check would result in much faster creation, of course this is not ideal because the temporary files will still be clogging your temp folder and you would have to reopen pub gen everytime so im keeping a look.

As you guys may know im not an expert at assembly ive just learned a bit enough to keep me trying different things im sure someone as skilled as DeathRGH or Illusion0001 would solve this thing easily so ill do my best.

Edit: Since that didnt seem like it worked, ill go the crazy way to convert the whole subroutine back to 2.89, the true backport of tools integrity check haha

ywSm1W3.png

It was going quite well until ive reached a structure thats smaller in the newer code so i cant fit the old one, so far ive changed 3 full subroutines to try to pull this off. Now that i think of i did have some leftover nop's maybe i can make some sorcery into fitting part of it there lol

Back