Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 24, 2019 at 9:56 PM       63      
Status
Not open for further replies.
For quite some time PlayStation 4 scene developers have been researching and testing code to control the PS4 fan speed in order to adjust the console's temperature, and following the PS4 Homebrew PKG Store developer @Joaquin Salih (aka toxxic407) made available a collection of payloads via Twitter used to control the PS4 fan speed on Github.

Download: PS4-fan-control-payloads-master.zip / GIT

Recently PlayStation 4 Fan Control code from ethylamine's repository based on Zer0xFF's findings was forked by kozarovv for a 4.74 port and added to JgDuff's PS4 Exploit Host v0.4.6 updates as well. (y)

Below are some additional details from the README.md: PS4 Fan Control Payloads

Collection of Payloads used to control the fan of PS4's on version 5.05. All Credit goes to ethylamine, Zer0xFF (Twitter), theorywrong (Twitter), xvortex (Twitter) and zecoxao (Twitter). The name is equal to the Temperature threshold in degrees.

:alert: Most of the Payloads are not tested! I do not take any responsibility and I am not liable for any damage done to your PS4!
PS4 PRO 5.05 HARDWARE SPEED FAN CONTROL MOD with PSXITArch Linux via PS4LINUX
PS4 Fan Control with X-Project + New PS4 Homebrew File Manager
I compiled the fan control payloads with support for 6.72 with all threshold options from 0°C to 99°C. If anybody wants to use them: PS4 Fan Control Payloads / PS4-fan-control-payloads-master.zip / GIT
The code for the payload is from this repo and not from me: ps4-fan-threshold-master.zip / GIT
Code:
u32 sceKernelGetCpuTemperature(u64 res);

u64 numb;
u32 ret = sceKernelGetCpuTemperature(&numb);
printf("sceKernelGetCpuTemperature returned %i\n", ret);
printf("TEMP %d°C\n", numb);
Code:
connected
sceKernelGetCpuTemperature returned 0
TEMPERATURE is 62 °C
sceKernelGetCpuFrequency returned 1.60 GHz
Download: MiraTempReport.7z (172.44 KB - includes MiraTempReportByLMAndAlAzif.bin and MiraLoader.elf)
Download: ps4fancontrol-1.0.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz / PS4FanControl GIT by Ps3itaTeam
Code:
Update psxitarch v2 27/03/21

First remove this pkg:
sudo pacman -R jwm-git
sudo pacman -Rc openobex

After open the file /etc/pacman.conf, change the repo from https://psxita.it/repo to https://psxita.it/repo-testing, update psxitarch with:
sudo pacman -Syu
Answer yes to all, when you get the message that some packages are corrupted because the keyring are outdated, answer no to "..you want delete the corrupted packages?", this should abort the upgrade of system.
To fix the corrupted packages just install archlinux-keyring with sudo pacman -S archlinux-keyring
Now you can finally update the system and drivers with 

sudo pacman -Syu && sudo pacman -S jwm
From Pastebin.com: PS4 Get CPU Clock Speed 9.00 Code
Code:
void cpuFrequency() {
	u64 v1;
	uint8_t* kernel_base = (uint8_t*)(__readmsr(0xC0000082) - 0x1C0);
	u64*(*devclass_find)(char*) = (void*)(kernel_base + 0x38DEC0);
	u64(*devclass_get_device)(u64 a1, int a2) = (void*)(kernel_base + 0x38E480);
	long long(*cpufreq_get)(u64 a1, int* a2) = (void*)(kernel_base + 0x2830D0);

//long long(*sub_FFFFFFFFDDD46D90)(long long a1, long long *a2, long long a3) = (void*)(kernel_base + 0x1FAD90);
	//u32(*cpufreq_pre_change)(u64 a1, int* a2, u64 unk) = (void*)(kernel_base + 0x282800);//change CPU clock speed, I tried 1866Mhz and It worked for me once & after using it again my PS4 crashed, Maybe I didn't use this function well?

//long long v30 = v1 + 8LL * (u8)(kernel_base + 0x1A6FC80);
	//long long v23 = sub_FFFFFFFFDDD46D90(*(u64*)(v1 + 2048), &v30, (long long)(kernel_base + 0x1A6FC80));
	u64* v0 = devclass_find("cpufreq");
	v1 = devclass_get_device((long long)v0, 0);
	cpufreq_get(v1, &freq);
	printf("CPU clock speed: %dMHz", freq);
	int mhz = 1600;
	int *v38 = &mhz;
	//cpufreq_pre_change(v1, v38, 1000LL);
}

int _main(void) {
kexec(cpuFrequency, NULL);
}
PS4 Fan Control Payloads to Adjust PS4 Fan Speed and Temperature.jpg

Comments

Just get an ez chill. It reads and computes fan speed and temp. Then bumps 10% at normal range. Once it gets warmer it will compensate speed. Cost like 15 bucks

I don't quite know how to react to this release...

Its interesting but kinda silly? If you want to cool your PS4 abusing the fan is probably not the best option. Just change the damn thermal paste. Or better yet, strip it down and put a CPU heatsink on it!

You would use something like this because Sony's original settings are going to take into account the fan volume. Even if it's close to overheating the ps4 might not push the fan as hard as it really should to avoid the noise factor. If you have an older unit and it's overheating pushing your fan farther is better than allowing the heat damage.

Most PS4 gamer's are not comfortable tearing down the unit, especially to the mobo to get access to replace the thermal paste. CPU coolers will not work because the mounting brackets are significantly different most likely, and where is the fan assembly for an air cooler going to go? You would also need a cooler for the gpu as well same issues.

You could liquid cool and they do make water blocks for that, but then you need an external pump, reservoir, etc. Why go through that or buy a fan speed controller when you can use this payload to just up the rpm which is essentially what the hardware controller does.... for free.....

Running the payload bin is temporary, meaning a reboot returns to PS4 default fan speed correct?

What happens if I run the fan speed payload then run the linux-loader payload and use psxitarch linux v2 does the fan speed payload stick?

All that is a contribution in the 5.05 scene is to be thankful for my congratulations. ;)

But I personally would not inject such charge if the console does not have a high working temperature, load fanloads to lower the Celsius not to play and be continuously with a fan higher than 65% can shorten the life of your fan if you are playing for many hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back