Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter ryan111       Start date Feb 5, 2017 at 8:34 AM       44      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following my PS4 4.50 Beta Webkit Crash report, I've been testing file downloading to the HDD and viewing files on the PlayStation 4 system using a sandboxed Web browser instead the PS4 browser via custom User Agent string on Sasuke Beta 4.50 Firmware.

There is a Webkit error in 4.50 that allows you to download Android apps to the HDD of the PS4, and of course you can't run them but hey none the less cool! :cool:

The part I don't understand is the PS4 shows up as a Motorola phone, I was thinking maybe a webkit error??? Let me know if this works for you guys too.

:arrow: Update: Now mine shows up as Rogers Samsung SM.G900F and can download and install Sonic Dash on the store but it can't be played hmmmm :unsure:

I have also managed to view files on the system using a sandboxed browser inside the PS4 using a custom User Agent string, here is the link to do this:

https://www.browserling.com/

Note: you need your drive letter that is on the HDD, mine happened to be W and yes works on 4.50. ;)
:arrow: Update #2: Connect PC to PS4 Using HTML5
PS4 File Downloading to HDD, Viewing via Sandboxed Browser Testing.jpg

Comments

Real browsers running on real computers

We run real browsers on our servers in virtual machines. We don't use emulators or fake browsers..

Question: 5:08 PM - ryan111: one ps4 is a asus phone and the other one is Rogers Samsung SM.G900F

Answer: Unless you payed for Browserling to do a Live interactive cross-browser testing on an android VM which will come down on phone devices your lying to every one saying its your "PS4" File System when its not... All your viewing is your Andrioid or what ever OS you selected on the site VM Files

no LOL i did not pay 2nd thats not what im talking about the first part ik failed but the second i dont even use a android emulator all you need to do is search google play and it downloads apps to you hdd they don't work but still cool

But you said you "managed to view files on the system using a sandboxed browser inside the ps4" the sandbox browser your pretty much running from what i see is powered by android... so if the vm is powered by android.. you can just google play store download apps (Case you know its android) but wont execute because off the company's policy's and off-course your going you can view downloaded files (from google play) on the Sandbox Browser (VM) but you cant execute them..

So what files you found on your "ps4" are false information.. along with saying this "one ps4 is a asus phone and the other one is Rogers Samsung SM.G900F" As Sandbox Browser is pretty much like a vm.. So lets say you used a Sandboxed Browser on PC (Also On the line off a PS4) and then accessed a site that contained a spyware or exploit the only system will be effected by the spyware or exploit is the Sandboxed Browser and nothing else.

nahh your misunderstanding that was a waste of my time but if you go on the google play store on the original browser not sandboxed it will say you have a samsung phone

and The Sandbox Browsers are pretty much using different phones operating systems.. so when you sand box what ever your doing it will be picked up as a certian phone as you would not know device software/ os the sandbox browser is using

please show me/us where this is saying that your ps4 is these certian type off phone devices.. as you know i just accessed google play store on the ps4 and it does not say any where what device i'm on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back