Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter mcmrc1       Start date Dec 23, 2015 at 7:50 PM       44      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello... it appears a brief presentation from Marcan of Fail0verflow will be shown at this year's Chaos Computer Club (CCC) covering Penguins on Aeolia (Embedded Linux) on the PS4 :)

:arrow: Update: PS4 3.55 Full Browser FileSystem and Gadget List

From Wololo: Zecoxao, who's very close to the PS3/PS4 dev scene, shared a screenshot on Twitter, showing some reverse engineering work on what appears to be PS4 system files:
Aeolia.png

Finally, GregoryRasputin posted a screenshot of a PS4 Filesystem Root Dump with details below, which has been confirmed by PlayStation 4 developer Lucif3r as follows:

From GregoryRasputin: Christmas is a time for loving and sharing, it is about spending time with the family and enjoying their company, which is why i am happy to let the PlayStationHaX family know that a little Christmas elf popped in to see me today and showed me something wonderful:

PS4_Root_Dump.png

Of course with these being confidential Sony files, i cannot and will not link to any files. You can read about work into hacking the PS4, you can check these links:
For those wondering, yes, this was released today. Edited title to clear some things up a bit.

According to zecoxao regarding the PS4 dump: Apparently it's on a pastebin. Cleverly hidden...

:idea: If anyone runs across it, feel free to share it here... this way the entire PS4 scene can benefit from it rather than a limited number of people. ;)

Download: adm.rar / PS4 root dump (0.8.2) + kernel / NPXX51150_TEST_APP_HELLO_WORLD_0.01_[DEBUG].rar (27.9 MB) via eXtreme-Modding.de

Merry Christmas
Here's all the patches you need for fuse to run on 5.05 retail via Pastebin.com:
Code:
//suser_enabled in priv_check_cred
        ksuser_enabled=1;
        //add jail friendly for fuse file system
        p->vfc_flags=0x00400000 | 0x00080000;
        //avoid enforce_dev_perms checks
        //kfuse_enforce_dev_perms=0;
        //default prison_priv_check to 0
        kernel_ptr[0x3B219E]=0;

//skip devkit/testkit/dipsw check in fuse_loader
        kernel_ptr[0x49DDDE] = 0xEB;
        kernel_ptr[0x49DDDF] = 0x1B;

//skip sceSblACMgrIsSyscoreProcess check in fuse_open_device
        kernel_ptr[0x4A28EE] = 0xEB;
        kernel_ptr[0x4A28EF] = 0x0;

//skip sceSblACMgrIsDebuggerProcess/sceSblACMgrIsSyscoreProcess check in fuse_close_device
        kernel_ptr[0x4A29E2] = 0xEB;

//skip sceSblACMgrIsDebuggerProcess/sceSblACMgrIsSyscoreProcess check in fuse_poll_device
        kernel_ptr[0x4A2F34] = 0xEB;

// skip sceSblACMgrIsSyscoreProcess check in fuse_vfsop_mount
        kernel_ptr[0x4A30F7] = 0xEB;
        kernel_ptr[0x4A30F8] = 0x04;

// skip sceSblACMgrIsMinisyscore/unknown check in fuse_vfsop_unmount
        kernel_ptr[0x4A384C] = 0xEB;
        kernel_ptr[0x4A384D] = 0x00;

// skip sceSblACMgrIsSystemUcred check in fuse_vfsop_statfs
        kernel_ptr[0x4A3BED] = 0xEB;
        kernel_ptr[0x4A3BEE] = 0x04;
the fcking eperm was in fuse_device_open xD
M.e.M.e is ps4 filesystem case sensitive ? \ph\source\data\Menu\Movies\ Vs. \ph\source\data0.pak\menu\movies\ :) maybe potentional problem backporting DL2 for 5.05 :)
Fail0verflow_PS4_Linux.jpg

Comments

Yes I did but member not every1 can see things the same way we all interpret them differently but I don't use this method myself I dig straight to the bottom

actually i need to brush up on all my crap if anything im so rusty that i should be making better checks
but oh lord do i need to start writing some tools...great... time to work with file formats... that are packed again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back