Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Verified
Following Sony's PS4 Firmware 2.00 release and his previous update, today PlayStation 4 hacker SKFU shared a quick review on PS4 Firmware 2.00 discussing the importance of PS4 System TitleIDs.

To quote: It took a while until I found some spare time to check firmware 2.00 for the PlayStation4, but it was worth it!

First I'll show you two funny screenshots from my PS4 (below)
  • I told you the TitleID research is important, didn't I?
  • NPXS20993
So yes, I could finally access the ★Debug Settings on a retail console. But no, we can not use it :) Sony learned their lesson and removed the back-end so this is not very useful for us. Maybe there is a way to unlock it's full potential, but I could not find it, yet.

Here I explained how to start applications by it's TitleID on PS4. This kind of information is very important and I would like to encourage everyone to try it and add your results to the public list of PS4 TitleID's.

Next on my list was to check WebKit. Sure, the stand-alone Internet Browsers WebKit was updated, but what about other applications and games?

Any application listed under the "TV & Video" menu uses a quite old WebKit. To be more specific:

Mozilla/5.0 (PlayStation 4) AppleWebKit/531.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) SCEE/1.0 Nuanti/2.0

Worth a try for those who want 2.00 :)

Last but not least I made a ridiculous discovery. This one has to do with a memory leak which led me to super interesting data. So far I got around 15MB of compressed but clear-text script data. If you wonder if this is a lot, YES IT IS! In a readable layout this is more than 250.000 lines of code.

Currently I shared this with a hand full of trusted developers to help me mastering this amount. Once we are through it we'll post about it, so stay tuned!

Please remember this was only a quick review which took like 2 hours, surely there's still a lot to find on this firmware :)

- SKFU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back