Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 25, 2016 at 8:13 PM       23      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following yesterday's PS4 4.01 Ksploit Demo and Sony's PS4 Firmware 4.05 security update, today Chaitin Tech of Chaitin.cn released a full version of their PS4 4.01 Jailbreak demonstrated at GeekPwn 2016... and confirmed due to contest rules they have reported the exploit used to Sony. :confounded:

Needless to say, some PlayStation 4 developers including Rebug's @evilsperm are a little disappointed at this decision but in light of it as Wololo suggests if PS4 scene hacking groups have been using the same kernel exploit behind-the-scene they may now be willing to consider sharing them publicly. ;-)

PS4 CFW 4.01 Rebug.png:idea: Below are some hopeful innovations to come for PlayStation 4 sceners, including hints of a PS4 Rebug Custom Firmware (CFW) and multiMAN 4 (MM4) backup game manager... although at this time they just appear to be concept art and ideas so don't get too excited yet.

:arrow: Stay tuned as we'll be doing a few follow-up articles on this covering details of the PS4 4.01 exploit believed to be used, and THANKS to @Fimo HERE and @GrimDoe in the Shoutbox for the full Chaitin Technology Co., Ltd. PS4 FW 4.01 jailbreak video! :veryhappy:
MultiMAN PS4 Manager.png

PS4 FW 4.01 Jailbreak by Chaitin Tech.jpg

Comments

Didn't forget, check the bottom of the article ;)

I'll be doing at least (2) more covering that stuff after some Vita and PS Blog etc news... it's just too much to cram into one article as it'd be wayyyy tooooo loooooong.

I was about to just forget about PS4 hacking scene but something told me to check PSXHAX and im glad i did. I really want cfw so i get mods (I will not be those trolls or use stuff like god mode) just to help people out. P.S. I need to learn from the Chinese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back