Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 27, 2016 at 5:55 AM       19      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his Decrypting and Dumping PS4 Games guide, PlayStation 4 developer @zecoxao recently Tweeted a picture of a memory edit which tricks the PS4 into thinking it's on PS4 System Software 9.90 (spoofed) permanently so it won't nag to be updated any longer since PSProxy isn't working again. ;)

Recently we've seen PlayStation 4 developers demonstrating PS4 game mods through Peek & Poke kernel modifications, and with a PS4 1.76 Permanent Internet Browser Mod already available here's to hoping a payload for the Firmware Version will follow suit! :D

Also regarding the CE-32875-5 PSProxy error, VVildCard777 shared the following:
To quote: "For those with the dreaded CE-32875-5... try base + 0x462509 of sceShellCore write 1 byte of 0x00... end of nightmares.

Well you need code that can read and write to userland mem.. Not my place to give out, keep an eye out for a future release."

Download: Playground+ShelCore Patch.rar (8.2 MB)

To quote from e✘treme via Hydrogen, roughly translated: PS4 1.76 CE-32875-5 Fix – ShellCore Patch by Wildcard

Developer Wildcard has found a solution to fix the error CE-32875-5 on Firmware 1.76. Not many PS4 consoles are affected by this error but if you have a 1.76 PS4 and can’t run any Game, you can use the ShellCore Patch from Wildcard to fix the error temporary.

You have to send the file after every restart with ELF Loader, bevore you can launch the Game. Use the local Playground if you have trouble with the ELF Loader of the Custom WebKit Playground.
Also from @sealab in the Shoutbox on the fix, to paraphrase: "That offset is correct, but I don't see the point in patching it. The 0x462509 patch I mean... all it's doing is breaking a code path where it checks if the executable is a ELF or if it's a SELF, so if it's neither it says it's still valid."
Cheers to @raedoob, @ash721, @B7U3 C50SS and @spyro2670 for the news tip in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! (y)
PS4 1.76 CE-32875-5 Fix – ShellCore Patch by Wildcard.jpg

PS4 Firmware  System Software Permanent Version Spoof by Zecoxao.jpg

Comments

Right now they have an exploit for 1.76 and a WIP PS4 browser/playground for 3.55, you can find more on that via the Sticky threads in this section. ;-)

Any new updates on 1.76 spoofing, ive been googling around and this is the latest ive found. Can I play new released games with this without update?

Any new updates on 1.76 spoofing, ive been googling around and this is the latest ive found. Can I play new released games with this without update?
I'm pretty sure that this spoof never went past disabling that update nag. as for playing newer games on older firmwares, I know it's possible on PS3 but I don't really know how that's achieved something with the parameters thingy or is it decrypting and re-signing it? I don't think this is achieved on PS4 cause you probably need keys.

Aw too bad. I was hoping there is already a progress by now since jan 2017. How about playing edited pkg, did it take off already. I was reading a thread where you can play 2015 games in edited pkg. I need to back track since this is still a dead end...

For those with PS4 developer units and jailbroken consoles there are guides such as the PS4 Retail / Debug Game Transfusion Guide and PKG Installer Re-Tutorial with 1.76 File Pack with some other articles here:
The main issue is very few have the equipment to do any of this so they make videos and tutorials like was done for Minecraft, Playable Teaser and The Playroom... but following them is a challenge unless more people have the required hardware in front of them. :confused:

Perhaps with the PS4 *** being public the whispers of being able to put Retail consoles into Debug Mode or a similar development will surface... unless a kernel exploit comes along to jailbreak newer models perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back