Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter tooretoo42       Start date Jun 15, 2018 at 11:56 AM       61      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the initial work from Duxa (Chrushev) and my testing I continued to work on my script below, which was then proceeded by PS4 PKG Repackager version 6.15.18.

What is this ?

T42-repackager is a script that make quick and easy the repackaging of PS4 FPKG updates (fully automated process).

Who did this ?

This script has been written completely from scratch by myself (inspired by duxa's unpacker).

Why should I use it ?

To resign FPKG update build with a different base because of signing problem (error ce-36434-0).

To modify and rebuild FPKG update for testing or modding purpose (don't release them as proper update).

What this script does not :
  • Make coffee ;)
  • Repackaging Official Update (this script is about FPKG not PKG).
  • Offer an interactive and elegant interface (you launch the script and take a coffee).
Before asking for anything :
  • Read explanations in this opening post (OP) as well as the upcoming ones.
  • Read comments inside my script and seek for readme.txt alongside.
  • Take few minutes on search engine ...
Known issues :
  • Inconsistent Software Development Kit and Required System Software versions
    • The problem is only relevant for lower firmware 4.05/4.55 owners
    • orbis-pub-cmd.exe overwrite param.sfo on the fly with higher values (see screenshots)
    • As a workaround, open orbis-pub-gen.exe and rebuild from existing cusaxxxxx-patch.gp4
    • This problem may already affect base and/or existing patch. In that case you should seek for original values then modify param.sfo and rebuild with orbis-pub-gen.exe
  • Scenarios mismatch : "[Error] Number of scenarios was changed by the patch/remaster". Use proper fpkg base and/or update to avoid building errors. Otherwise try to overwrite playgo-xxx.xxx files in cusaxxxxx-patch with those present in the base fpkg.
Requirements :

1. a device with windows 7 or higher and a drive with enough space
2. proper fpkg base and proper fpkg update with same cusa-xxxxx
3. my script and few binaries dependencies from Fake PKG Tools v1.3
4. a brain and a little bit of your time ;)

How to use :

1. download my script attached below and unzip in your working drive
2. launch a first time to create tree directories
3. download binaries from fpkg tools v1.3 and unzip under bin directory (see screenshots)
4. put a base fpkg in the game directory and the related update fpkg in the patch directory
5. then launch t42-repackager.cmd and wait few minutes … that’s all !!!

Tree directories :

The root of the script should look like this after step 3 (see above):
  • bin\
  • bin\ext\di.exe
  • bin\ext\sc.exe
  • bin\gengp4.exe
  • bin\orbis-pub-cmd.exe
  • game\
  • patch\
  • repack\
  • temp\
  • unpack\
  • t42-repackager.cmd
Few things to know :

This script is entirely portable and it’s the same for all working directories.
System drive can be preserve from overload if you choose another working drive.
There are many checks so if there’s something wrong, the script should tell you.
Full repackaging process may take a while depending on the update size and your hardware.

Performance may be improved by working on different disks (see section below).
This script has been tested in every sense to be improved and consolidated.

backups :

I do not encourage in any case backups in any form whatsoever. My work is for testing and learning purpose. Please buy the game you play to support independent and mainstream studios. This is for legal reasons that I do not include fpkg tools binaries in my archive.

Disclaimer :

I am not responsible for bricked devices, loss of data, kernel panics or blue screens, motherboard or hard drive overheating ;) Use this script at your own risk !!!

Performance (optional) :

Depending on your hardware and update size, performance may be improved by working on different disks to separate read/write access and avoid overload.
In a first time, you could try to separate temporary and/or unpack directories from the rest. To do that, just edit my script and modify %temp% and %unpack% variables.

Some quick tests made with an fpkg update (10 Go) and 3 sata disks (7200 rpm) :

Code:
Scenario | %root% | %unpack% | %temp% | Execution time
     1      |    Disk 1  |   Disk 1      |    Disk 1  |  8:39
     2      |    Disk 1  |   Disk 2      |    Disk 1  |  6:27
     3      |    Disk 1  |   Disk 1      |    Disk 2  |  5:57
     4      |    Disk 1  |   Disk 2      |    Disk 2  |  5:23
     5      |    Disk 1  |   Disk 2      |    Disk 3  |  4:52

Download Links :

Spoiler

Screenshots :
PS4 FPKG (Fake PKG) Update Repackager Script by Tooretoo42.jpg

PS4 FPKG (Fake PKG) Update Repackager Script by Tooretoo42 2.jpg

PS4 FPKG (Fake PKG) Update Repackager Script by Tooretoo42 3.jpg

Spoiler: Picture Gallery

Others screenshots are about a less verbose mode and the no need to re-extract capability.

How To Repackage a FPKG Update
How to Install Older PS4 Game Updates on Any PS4 7.02/7.50

Comments

Hello, I have the following error:

[Error] Unexpected logical error. (libatrac9.dll missing)
[Error] 2018-09-06 21:33:05 Create image Process finished with error(s).

@jccyunior Complete your binaries with this archive :

Spoiler

Extract and replace according to your existent tree directories (bin /ext) (y)

PS : This archive is around 583 Mo because of documentation. To save space only extract and replace "ext" directory and you'll find your missing dll

Hi @tooretoo42!
Thanks for the tool. I'm testing a bunch of different combinations of the config-emu-ps4.txt for PS2 fPKGs.

Is there any way I could easily create smaller fpkg-patches w/o having to do the repackaging with this or any other tool?
Thanks!

Can you make video tutorial on how to do it for noob thank you :)

When it done it's not that bigger size of game only 2 gb every time test it with different games with no success :(

Hi @tooretoo42, Does that work with DLC's too ? And the finished patch is in the ''repack'' folder right (?), ready to be installed.

After I installed the repacked update for Assassins Creed Origins the game freezes on the same screen (text that people of different religions worked together on that game).

You know what went wrong ? (Information says the game is on Version 1.41) So after reinstalling it and playing on Version 1.0 it's working again.

What is the problem ? I'm very confused.

Hi whenever i try to repack the fpkg with the repackager it gets unpacked instead of repacking the Base fpkg and fpkg update.

please help me

Thanks in advance

i used this back then but now every time i use it, it gives the genp4 error ?

sir i have used your tool back then and it worked perfectly. now every time i use it always gives genp4 error in the create genp4 project part at CMD. how to fix sir ?

tgQlkYY.png

@tooretoo42

Sorry to bump the thread but what is the difference between this and duxas repackager? I know that at duxas repackager cusa id's need to be the same can it be different on that one? Is this one faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back