Making Mods with PS4 Cheater Tutorial, PlayStation 4 developer @MODDEDWARFARE announced via Twitter he's updated his YouTube Channel today with a guide on handling PS4 Fake PKG (FPKG) game updates containing a mismatched Title ID / Region Patch.
This comes proceeding How to Get / Merge PS4 Game PKG Updates, Adding PS4 Game Updates in Packages, a PS4 PKG Repackager for Fake Updates, Dumping PS4 DLC, Game Updates & Themes, How to Build PS4 Game & Separate Update FPKGs and a PS4 Fake PKG Update Repackager Script for those who missed them.
Updating a Fake PKG Game with a Mismatched Title ID/Region Patch
How to update a game using a patch designed for a different Title ID or Region.
Summary of the steps in the video by Pacm9n:
- Extract all the files / folders from the update into CUSAxxxxx-patch.
- Copy the Sc0 contents to Image0/sce_sys. Delete the Sc0 folder, then move the contents of Image0 to CUSAxxxxx-patch. Delete the Image0 folder.
- Replace the update's param.sfo with the one from the original game
- Edit this param.sfo in the following way: Go down to around 300h, and change the version to the version of the update (ex: 01.00 to 01.22)
- Change gd to gp
- Save it (and also copy it to a safe place to use later after we generate the .gp4 file)
- Change the CUSA ID in the nptitle.dat to that of the original game.
- Create the project file (the .gp4) with gengp4.exe (click Generate .GP4)
- Then, click the GP4 tab and change "pkg_ps4_app" to "pkg_ps4_patch" and "digital50" to "digital25"
- Save the file (click Save .GP4)
- Copy the saved param.sfo from earlier and overwrite the one in the patch folder (this is because gengp4 has changed the edited values back to the original ones)
- Create a new update package with orbis-pub-gen.exe.
- Click Command -> Project Setting -> Package: Make sure Storage Type says 25GB
- Build the package in the usual way.