Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 6, 2016 at 12:05 AM       21      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently we reported on the discovery of Sony's PS4 Debug Menu for retail consoles, and today PlayStation 4 developer fx0day (Twitter) updated CTurt's PS4 Playground (GIT) with an FTP Server and those handy Debug Settings! :D

To quote: Here's my little contribution for those who can't get funny things running: PS4-Playground with FTP Server and Debug Settings

You can connect to your PS4 using a FTP Client (Get Filezilla https://filezilla-project.org/download.php)

Connect to your PS4 Ip on Port 1337
Login Password are not checked

Take care when playing with your Ps4 files !!!!
You can brick your PS4 if you try stupid things !!!!

Ftp code is a mix of Xerpi , Bigoboss and myself , the Debug settings code come from Flatz.

You can use this version online : http://f-x.fr/PS4/

Or you can host it where you want using this archive : PS4_Playground_Ftp.rar / Mirror 1 / Mirror 2 / Mirror 3 / Mirror 4 / Mirror 5 / Mirror 6 / Fx0day GIT Repos via B7U3 C50SS

If you want the binary version of the Ftp+Debug : FTPS4rlz.bin

I'll post more infos and SKFU config for those who can't get it running ...

Props to B7U3 C50SS for the heads-up in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! ;)
How to Setup FTP on a PS4
PS4 WebKit Playground.jpg

Comments

Gotcha, added the Fx0day GIT Repos link next to the mirrors now ;)

@PSXHAX Where did you get the .bin file? also i didn't request you to leave the repos but it's fine that they are there in the even that he updates them with the code that goes to this topic. also how does one USE that .bin file for those that don't know? i'm also not on 1.76 on latest OFW here.

cool stuff :) hope for an entry point on the newest firmwares that all people can enjoy those hacks :)

and again thx to all devs out there...

@PSXHAX Where did you get the .bin file? also i didn't request you to leave the repos but it's fine that they are there in the even that he updates them with the code that goes to this topic.
It was in the fx0day source thread of the OP, about 3 posts down... and yep, I figured it was a good idea to add the repos there mostly for reference ;)

It was in the fx0day source thread of the OP, about 3 posts down... and yep, I figured it was a good idea to add the repos there mostly for reference ;)

Hey, Bro. can you source the original article? it's on wololo, i beleive. at least that's where you found the .bin file. jus cite it as a source i don't know where it is in my history anymore. :p

EDIT: i retweeted it i jus trealized. it was this article - that's the Source Article

EDIT: I did already. i apologize. it's just it makes us look more authentic if we have a source, ya know?

I don't write my articles like that though, I link to the actual post by the Dev doing the work (the TRUE source, in this case by fx0day in our first sentence) not the article that Wololo wrote about his post.

When it's Wololo himself who's being quoted I do link to his of course, as it would make sense then if our reader wanted to see his actual post... versus another person just writing about his post.

On mainstream media sites they typically link to the actual source post (on NeoGAF for example) versus the site's mainpage or an article written about the source's post by another author.

You're free to link to Wololo's news if you prefer in articles you write here, but I included a link to the source of the developer's own words on Wololo's site which is my preferred writing method.

I will leave your redundant link to Wololo's long-winded copied post of the real developer's words and work since you added it, but in the future please let me write articles in my own style and you can write your preferred way, fair enough? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back