Category PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 29, 2016 at 1:51 AM       21,609       18            
Lately there's been a lot of news on the PS4 TestKit, and for those keeping track the PS3 Debug / Reference Tool and PS Vita DevKit could play copies and now José Coixão shared a video demo of a PS4 DevKit running a Minecraft PlayStation 4 Edition game backup too! :hearteyes:

From the PS4 Backup DevKit PoC video's caption, to quote:
  • also works on testkit
  • doesn't work on retail (yet)
  • trophies will not work
This news comes just a day after @zecoxao's Decrypting and Dumping PlayStation 4 UserModules Guide, and a very BIG shout out to @AkaJogi, @ArthurBishop, @Jeff and @mcmrc1 in the PSXHAX Shoutbox for sharing this exciting PS4 news! <3
PS4 Game Backup Runs on PlayStation 4 DevKit PoC by Jose Coixao.jpg

Comments

mcmrc1

Contributor
Verified
thx for mention me @PSXHAX :)

I say it again...on christmas guys and girls... ^^
It must be a reason the woman from haryoke with the rebug title is completely in red :) they just forgot the santa cap ^^

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Contributor
Verified
Haha.. indeed. This excites me a bit more than the Chaitin PS4 jailbreak, and it will be interesting to see what @zecoxao meant by "waiting on China guys" in response to trying it on a 3.55 console (assuming still a DevKit though). VERY cool stuff!! (y)

Fimo

Contributor
and it will be interesting to see what @zecoxao meant by "waiting on China guys" in response to trying it on a 3.55 console (assuming still a DevKit though). VERY cool stuff!! (y)
- Uncryption games untill FW 3.55: Ready
- Webkit Exploit: Ready
- Kexploit: Wait for the chinese 4.01 Kexploit
(once a console is JB, you can install uncrypted .pkg in debug mode)

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Contributor
Verified
This is probably how scene release groups are decrypting PS4 games also, well so far only EPEEN but TRSi and others will likely follow.

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Contributor
Verified
My guess is this PS4 DevKit news isn't directly related to the PS4 4.01 Jailbreak, and while they may share similarities (such as being able to decrypt) the 4.01 Jailbreak is up to the Chaitin Team to release while getting retail units to use the same 'method' to run backups as in this PS4 DevKit PoC is up to the devs (José Coixão, zecoxao perhaps, others?) working on it.

Keep in mind though, most 'homebrew' developers are notoriously against backups (due to moral views, being scared of Sony taking legal action like with GeoHot, etc) so I'm not holding my breath for either just yet. :meh:

Recent Articles
PS4 Patch Builder for Building Modded Update PKGs by MODDED WARFARE
Since his YouTube Issues PlayStation 4 homebrew developer @MODDEDWARFARE returns releasing on Twitter a PS4 Patch Builder application used for building modded Update Packages (PKGs) alongside a...
PS Vita System Software / Firmware 3.73 is Live, Don't Update!
Trick or treat?! 🎃 Since their previous PS Vita OFW revision, today Sony pushed live a PlayStation Vita System Software / Firmware 3.73 Update leaving many curious if they patched the H-Encore 2...
PlayStation Store Halloween Sale Now Live, PSN Game Deals Up to Half Off
The month is already half over and Halloween 2019 is quickly approaching as Sony unleashes their latest PlayStation Store Halloween Sale featuring PSN game deals at up to 50% off on select titles...
Sony PlayStation Augmented Reality (AR) Wireless Headset Patent Surfaces
Contrary to the potential PSVR2 Patent that superimposes a computer-generated image on a user's view of the real world, the latest PlayStation Augmented Reality (AR) Wireless Headset Patent by...