Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 29, 2016 at 1:51 AM       18      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately there's been a lot of news on the PS4 TestKit, and for those keeping track the PS3 Debug / Reference Tool and PS Vita DevKit could play copies and now José Coixão shared a video demo of a PS4 DevKit running a Minecraft PlayStation 4 Edition game backup too! :hearteyes:

From the PS4 Backup DevKit PoC video's caption, to quote:
  • also works on testkit
  • doesn't work on retail (yet)
  • trophies will not work
This news comes just a day after @zecoxao's Decrypting and Dumping PlayStation 4 UserModules Guide, and a very BIG shout out to @AkaJogi, @ArthurBishop, @Jeff and @mcmrc1 in the PSXHAX Shoutbox for sharing this exciting PS4 news! <3
PS4 Game Backup Runs on PlayStation 4 DevKit PoC by Jose Coixao.jpg

Comments

thx for mention me @PSXHAX :)

I say it again...on christmas guys and girls... ^^
It must be a reason the woman from haryoke with the rebug title is completely in red :) they just forgot the santa cap ^^

Haha.. indeed. This excites me a bit more than the Chaitin PS4 jailbreak, and it will be interesting to see what @zecoxao meant by "waiting on China guys" in response to trying it on a 3.55 console (assuming still a DevKit though). VERY cool stuff!! (y)

and it will be interesting to see what @zecoxao meant by "waiting on China guys" in response to trying it on a 3.55 console (assuming still a DevKit though). VERY cool stuff!! (y)
- Uncryption games untill FW 3.55: Ready
- Webkit Exploit: Ready
- Kexploit: Wait for the chinese 4.01 Kexploit
(once a console is JB, you can install uncrypted .pkg in debug mode)

My guess is this PS4 DevKit news isn't directly related to the PS4 4.01 Jailbreak, and while they may share similarities (such as being able to decrypt) the 4.01 Jailbreak is up to the Chaitin Team to release while getting retail units to use the same 'method' to run backups as in this PS4 DevKit PoC is up to the devs (José Coixão, zecoxao perhaps, others?) working on it.

Keep in mind though, most 'homebrew' developers are notoriously against backups (due to moral views, being scared of Sony taking legal action like with GeoHot, etc) so I'm not holding my breath for either just yet. :meh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back