Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter stripnwild       4      
Status
Not open for further replies.

stripnwild

Contributor
Verified
I was just curious if anyone had thought of a way to display a game's cover artwork instead of the crappy ICON that shows? (kind of like on the PS3 with multiman displaying all the game covers :))

It would look so much better due to the fact that some of the game icon are really crappy.

I'm assuming this would involve extracting the package and replacing the the Existing ICON image with the game cover? Maybe?? Would look sooooooo much cleaner and way more entertaining! Also better to find a game!!) for example - enter the gungeon game -- the icon is a big yellow square with two black dots etc etc, just looks dumb ----> the ps4 game cover would look wayyyyy better

Just my two cents

Can be easily done actually if you have the proper picture editing tools like Photoshop... Personally I prefer the original icons.

Now that I have awesome Official PS4 Game covers instead of game icons on the XMB - Does anyone know if there is a way....when you select the game cover on the XMB for it to play the games intro music?? It would be really cool if you scroll over the cover the games theme music played!!!!

p.s. still have no idea how to change the Web Browser Icon either??

This is probably what the new multiman will do once it gets released :)

I recently created all game cover icon0.png images to official game covers! There were some indie games that didn't have ps4 game covers either so I made "official" looking covers for those games also :D

I also did not stretch the images but rather put them on a transparent background and have the original dimensions which looks way better in my opinion

If anyone wants i could upload the cover converts I did in a .zip file etc

here is a pic of what the covers (unstretched) look like on the xmb

Screen_Shot_of_XMB_with_game_covers.jpg

I just ftp them over when i install a new game. I'm assuming there is a way to create a "update icon0 pkg" That is what multiman basically did (and will do when it comes out for ps4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back