Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 10, 2020 at 2:03 AM       45      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PlayStation 4 Linux Scripts, previous PS4 Gentoo Linux Dev Updates and PS4 Linux Loader Baikal Chip Support today developer @iguy0 let us know he migrated Valeery's Baikal Chip kernel patches to the new Gentoo 5.3.7 kernel by PS4Gentoo! 🐧

Download: ps4-kernel.zip (10.4 MB - Compiled) / PS4Linux-Kernel-master.zip / GIT / bzImage (7.15 MB)

And from the README.md: PS4 Linux

PS4-sources 5.3.7 + Baikal patches (should work for most PS4 versions)

In short this is the combination of https://github.com/ps4gentoo/ps4-linux and https://github.com/Ps3itaTeam/ps4-linux/tree/ps4-4.14.93-baikal.

It works phenomenally well on my PS4. I use PSXITA v2 with this kernel. Unfortunately I haven't tested on other versions since I only own a 2115b, but as far as i could tell from the patches it should work on ALL* versions now.

You are more than welcome to confirm this by creating an issue with the model and behavior.

Enjoy!
  • = untested
Download: PS4 Gentoo Theme.rar (14.6 MB)
Download: bzImage (5.9 MB - new kernel for the updated archlinux drivers)
Download: bzImage (5.6 MB - kernel linux 4.14.93 for PS4 with Baikal Southbridge and edited rev ID)
How to Run Gentoo Linux on a PS4 (6.72 or Lower!)
PS4 Gentoo Kernel Sources 5.3.7 with Baikal Chip Patches via Iguy0.jpg

Comments

Fantastic :D
Open Orbis *** + Gentoo Linux + Future homebrews
I cant imagine plays Mario Strikers Gamecube or other platforms older or newer on it.
Please [c]fw on 6.xx and 7.00 :D we just need this.

Hi sorry for being nooby but how would i test this out? Can anyone point me to a tut or give my the steps/commands i know that i have to extract files onto a usb then launch a linux loader payload but im lost after that i see tuts for ita not this. Is command same since it merges? Thanks for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back