Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 10, 2020 at 2:03 AM       45      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PlayStation 4 Linux Scripts, previous PS4 Gentoo Linux Dev Updates and PS4 Linux Loader Baikal Chip Support today developer @iguy0 let us know he migrated Valeery's Baikal Chip kernel patches to the new Gentoo 5.3.7 kernel by PS4Gentoo! 🐧

Download: ps4-kernel.zip (10.4 MB - Compiled) / PS4Linux-Kernel-master.zip / GIT / bzImage (7.15 MB)

And from the README.md: PS4 Linux

PS4-sources 5.3.7 + Baikal patches (should work for most PS4 versions)

In short this is the combination of https://github.com/ps4gentoo/ps4-linux and https://github.com/Ps3itaTeam/ps4-linux/tree/ps4-4.14.93-baikal.

It works phenomenally well on my PS4. I use PSXITA v2 with this kernel. Unfortunately I haven't tested on other versions since I only own a 2115b, but as far as i could tell from the patches it should work on ALL* versions now.

You are more than welcome to confirm this by creating an issue with the model and behavior.

Enjoy!
  • = untested
Download: PS4 Gentoo Theme.rar (14.6 MB)
Download: bzImage (5.9 MB - new kernel for the updated archlinux drivers)
Download: bzImage (5.6 MB - kernel linux 4.14.93 for PS4 with Baikal Southbridge and edited rev ID)
How to Run Gentoo Linux on a PS4 (6.72 or Lower!)
PS4 Gentoo Kernel Sources 5.3.7 with Baikal Chip Patches via Iguy0.jpg

Comments

Hey guys, i've updated github with the link for the compiled kernel. Here it is as well.
And BTW, i take no credit in bringing the PS4 Gentoo Kernel or The Bikal patches to life. These were done by tremendous people with more knowledge on the subject than me. I simply put them together :)

@iguy0
This work for you Internal HDD/SSD? i see many changes for the Baikal USB3 Host Controller we need this too for Belize 😕

Host Controller doesnt 100% work correct with model cuh 7016b and yes sata host.. ;)

and this Kernel doesnt work for CUH-70xxB

i am definitely confused. So to my knowledge looking at other ps4 linux guides I would need my initramfs.cpio.gz & BZIMAGE which I see these files in the mega link dl. But don't I also need the actual linux install files on the same usb hd?

Can someone who already installed explain? Do I basically need to compile the master link with a linux machine?

Ok thanks that answers part of what i needed based on that i guess i will use the same command to install. That is really confusing. That is nowhere in git or the post. Should be explained somewhere. All in all thanks for that info I am off to try!

Hi there. For those experiencing issues...
Is there video output to the tv/monitor?
Does it boot to console? Are you able to type anything?

Try typing "dmesg". Do you get any output?

On another line of thought, is there any other linux kernel that worked with you console ? What was it? I can try taking a look at the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back