Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 10, 2020 at 2:03 AM       45      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PlayStation 4 Linux Scripts, previous PS4 Gentoo Linux Dev Updates and PS4 Linux Loader Baikal Chip Support today developer @iguy0 let us know he migrated Valeery's Baikal Chip kernel patches to the new Gentoo 5.3.7 kernel by PS4Gentoo! 🐧

Download: ps4-kernel.zip (10.4 MB - Compiled) / PS4Linux-Kernel-master.zip / GIT / bzImage (7.15 MB)

And from the README.md: PS4 Linux

PS4-sources 5.3.7 + Baikal patches (should work for most PS4 versions)

In short this is the combination of https://github.com/ps4gentoo/ps4-linux and https://github.com/Ps3itaTeam/ps4-linux/tree/ps4-4.14.93-baikal.

It works phenomenally well on my PS4. I use PSXITA v2 with this kernel. Unfortunately I haven't tested on other versions since I only own a 2115b, but as far as i could tell from the patches it should work on ALL* versions now.

You are more than welcome to confirm this by creating an issue with the model and behavior.

Enjoy!
  • = untested
Download: PS4 Gentoo Theme.rar (14.6 MB)
Download: bzImage (5.9 MB - new kernel for the updated archlinux drivers)
Download: bzImage (5.6 MB - kernel linux 4.14.93 for PS4 with Baikal Southbridge and edited rev ID)
How to Run Gentoo Linux on a PS4 (6.72 or Lower!)
PS4 Gentoo Kernel Sources 5.3.7 with Baikal Chip Patches via Iguy0.jpg

Comments

@iguy0 Yes there is video output and it boots to console. But when attempting to enter any input via keyboard to the console none of the keys are being registered and the console shuts off a few seconds later.

The Linux kernel hosted on PSXITA works for me but yours does not.

It works for me on a slim version CUH-2015A.

Links: bzImage; initramfs.cpio.gz; psxitarch.tar.xz.
Copy these three files into a USB over 16GB formatted in FAT32 with MBR partition.

In the PS4: Audio/Video Config: Put the resolution in 1080p; System Config: untick the options: Enable HDMI connection, Enable HDCP; Run the linux loader in browser.

When the rescueshell command appears, type "mount", and then "exec install-psxitarch.sh". And it begins the installation.

So, I downloaded the ps4-kernel.zip above, and the psxitarch.tar.xz from PSXITA. And followed the steps from the official site.
Works for me without any problem.
My model is CUH-2015A.
But the original kernel from PSXITA always give me kernel panic.

When appears "rescueshell" command on the screen, I need to type in order:
Code:
mount
exec install-psxitarch.sh
exec start-psxitarch.sh
The installation was ok, like the last kernel. But when it tries to run the Linux, it stays on black screen. I tried four times to run the Linux Loader.

And the last kernel that I tried yesterday, everything worked well.

Model: CUH-2015A.

@seanp2500 desperately trying to find any instructions and nobody answers... I feels ya bruh.

Did you get it working? I will try this too when i am home, i guess you have to download the ps3ita linux zip that somebody already linked you, unpack it to the root of an usb stick, add/replace the files with the ones contained in this gentoo zip , stick it in and run the Linux loader payload on your ps4.

Well some people answered me. My findings were that I have a bad usb drive. I had hoped i could attempt this with an old usb 2.0 drive i had but apparently it cannot do the job. No matter what i do once rescue shell launched my ps4 will eventually shut off. I am poor atm so I gotta wait on trying again with a new usb 3.0 drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back