Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Dec 24, 2016 at 7:42 AM       10      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier this week PlayStation 4 developer @joona70 let us know in the PSXHAX Shoutbox that he ran across a potential userland heap overflow 5.1.1 vulnerability in the GIFLIB library for reading and writing GIF images... as Sony's PS4 uses version 4.1.2. :geek:

While it's currently unknown if this could be an entry point in PS4 Firmware above 4.07 OFW, besides the PS4 JailBreak Status Chart and PS4 Hacking / Modding FAQ here's what we know from developer @xxmcvapourxx in summary:
Also Seedlord recently pointed out two more Webkit exploits, namely EDB-ID 40183 and EDB-ID: 40184, that may be a possible entrypoint with #1 and #3 HERE also working for him letting Webkit run out of memory.

Hopefully more information will become available at this year's PS4 Hardware & Reverse-Engineering CCC Talk which takes place on December 27th of this month with some updates HERE. (y)
PS4 GIFLIB Entry Point for User PlayStation 4 Exploit via Joona70.jpg

Comments

no i don't think so.

EDIT: Where it says 5.1.1 Vulnerability click that there's a CVE worth researching. as well as the tip that it works on 4.07 as well as the term "GIFLIB" i would look at the code.. i mean.. even i don't understand it.. >.< but still the CVE in there is:

CVE-2015-7555

i'm going to have a look now :p XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back