Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding his GTA V Mod Menu Updates and PS4Updates Python Script PHP Port, PlayStation 4 developer @AlFaMoDz shared via Twitter a PS4 Guide to Install OrbisDev & How to Use It with OrbisLink as the latest addition to the OpenPS4 homebrew repository with a new LibOrbis demo video from his YouTube Channel below. 😃

Download: guide-to-install-orbisdev-master.zip / GIT

From the README.md, to quote: Guide to Install OrbisDev and How to Use It with Orbislink

Requirements

To install the orbisdev toolchain, you must meet the following requirements:
  • The following packages depending of your OS:
    Arch:
    Code:
    sudo pacman -Sy git gcc vim dotnet-runtime dotnet-*** llvm libnfs texinfo wget patch cmake clang m4 flex bison base-devel llvm-lib
    Debian/Ubuntu:
    Code:
    wget https://packages.microsoft.com/config/ubuntu/20.04/packages-microsoft-prod.deb -O packages-microsoft-prod.deb
    sudo dpkg -i packages-microsoft-prod.deb
    sudo apt update
    sudo apt install git gcc llvm libnfs-dev vim libnfs-utils texinfo wget patch cmake clang m4 flex bison build-essential dotnet-runtime-3.1 dotnet-***-3.1
    • Mac OS: WIP
  • HEN according to your firmware version with the following patches:
    • Patches to load resources from /data/self
    • Patch for ssc_enable_data_mount_patch
    • Obviously, patches for fself and fpkg
  • Since it can be somewhat difficult to get them, I leave you a list of .bin/.elf for each version in which the above patches are already:
    • For 6.72: modified version of mira in .elf format: download Thanks to Al Azif for the ssc_enable_data_mount_patch 6.72 offset 😜 ** (Side note: remember that to load the .elf you must use the "Bin Loader" of the OpenOrbis team)
    • For 5.05: xXxTheDarkprogramerxXx fork that already includes these patches: download
    • For versions lower than 5.05: I didn't find any payload done, but you can backport this patch and it should work 😄
  • You will need libScePigletv2VSH.sprx and libSceShaccVSH.sprx libraries. You can get them by loading RetroArch R4 and download the libraries from the sce_module folder mounted in the sandbox through FTP.
  • An NFS server with the following permissions: *(sync,rw,no_subtree_check,insecure,fsid=0) (to save you time NFS servers don't work in WSL 1)
  • Have orbislink.pkg installed: download (no need to repackage the .pkg, it's universal)
  • A modified version of orbislink_config.ini with the NFS address and IP for debugnet. You can get it from here.
Installation of the ***
  1. Add the following variable and the bin folder to your login
    Code:
     script (i.e ~/.bashrc)
    export ORBISDEV=~/orbisdev
    export PATH=$ORBISDEV/bin:$PATH
    To do this automatically you can run:
    echo "export ORBISDEV=~/orbisdev" | tee -a ~/.bashrc && echo 'export PATH=$ORBISDEV/bin:$PATH' | tee -a ~/.bashrc && source ~/.bashrc
  2. Clone the repository:
    Code:
    git clone https://github.com/orbisdev/orbisdev ~/orbisdev
  3. Start the installation:
    Code:
    cd ~/orbisdev && chmod +x build-all.sh && bash build-all.sh
    In my case, I ran it on Ubuntu 20.04 with an Intel i9 9900k and it took me about 5 minutes, it's a quick install 😛
Set up the NFS server in Ubuntu

I can't do a tutorial on how to mount an NFS server on all Linux distributions so I'll do it with Ubuntu which I think is what most of ya'll use.
  1. Install the necessary packages and create the shared dir:
    Code:
    sudo apt update && sudo apt install nfs-kernel-server
    # create the shared dir
    sudo mkdir -p ~/NFS/hostapp
    sudo chown nobody:nogroup ~/NFS/hostapp
    sudo chmod -R 777 ~/NFS/hostapp
  2. Configure the NFS exports:
    Code:
    sudo vim /etc/exports
    # we'll add a line at the bottom of the file following this stucture:
    # [NFS_SHARED_DIR_PATH] *(sync,rw,no_subtree_check,insecure,fsid=0)
    # instead of * you can just allow your PS4 IP to get more security
    # full example: /home/alfa/NFS/hostapp *(sync,rw,no_subtree_check,insecure,fsid=0)
    # remember to don't use the ~ for the path as the service is executed with root permissions!
  3. Refresh the configuration and start the NFS server:
    Code:
    sudo exportfs -arvf
    # if everything was okay, you should get an output like this: exporting *:/home/alfa/NFS/hostapp
    # and we restart the server
    sudo systemctl restart nfs-kernel-server
  4. Remember to configure your firewalls to allow NFS server traffic. I'll not do a tutorial on it because it depends a lot on your setup.
Compiling an example
  1. Clone any example. In my case, I'll use masterzorag's example which you can download from here
  2. Compile it following these steps:
    Code:
    git clone https://github.com/masterzorag/orbisdev-samples
    cd orbisdev-samples/basic
    make
    make oelf
    make eboot
    # optional: just if u wanna make it pkg
    make pkg_build
    Known issues: if you get an error during the make eboot step check, if you're using Python 2.7. In case you aren't, follow this extra step:
    sudo apt install python 2.7
    sed -i 's/python/python2.7/g' Makefile
  3. Done. You compiled your first example. In case u wanna use it with orbislink, remember to move the homebrew.self into the root of your NFS shared dir!
Installation of orbislink and loading a test app
  1. Download orbislink.pkg from orbisdev repository.
  2. Modify orbislink_config.ini for your setup. Leave it in an accessible place since we will use it later. You can download it from here.
    Following the upper NFS server installation, an example for it'd be like this:
    Code:
    [debugnet]
    serverIp=192.168.2.61
    debugPort=18194
    level=3
    [orbisNfs]
    enabled=1
    nfsurl=nfs://192.168.2.61/home/alfa/NFS/hostapp
  3. Check if you have following files to your shared directory:
    Code:
    alfa@alfa:~$ tree /home/alfa/NFS/hostapp
    /home/alfa/NFS/hostapp
    ├── homebrew.self
    ├── libScePigletv2VSH.sprx
    └── libSceShaccVSH.sprx
    • In case you're missing libScePigletv2VSH.sprx or libSceShaccVSH.sprx, check this requirement
    • In case you're missing the homebrew.self, check this step
  4. Load HEN with the patches mentioned in the requirements and install the .pkg.
  5. Have a socat or netcat session ready to listen the debugnet. Examples:
    Code:
    socat udp-recv:18194 stdout
    nc -ul -p 18194
  6. Open orbislink app and send the config to it using this command:
    Code:
    # we send the config to orbislink. Remember to be in the same folder as the config is!!
    socat -u FILE:eek:rbislink_config.ini TCP:YOURPLAYSTATIONIP:18193
  7. If it was correct, after sending the config you should have had some return in the debugnet and the application should have started.

In case you used the example we compiled above, you should get a beep. If after the first beep you get three beeps, that means something went wrong. By pressing the different buttons you will see in the debugnet that you get a return that they have been pressed. If you hit the triangle, you will exit the application.

** Remember that you must rerun the debugnet session after it loads since the socket is closed and another is opened **
Contributors

This guide could not be possible without the work of:
  • psxdev aka bigboss
  • hitodama
  • flatz
  • maxton
  • masterzorag
  • fjtrujy
  • frangar
  • The rest of OrbisDev team
  • Many more I'm missing!
liborbis is love ❤

Download: orbisdev-orbislink-master.zip / GIT
PS4 Guide to Install OrbisDev & How to Use It with OrbisLink by AlFaMoDzZ.jpg

Comments

This guide should be for ubuntu 18.04 as 20.04 gives massive errors on compile time. 18.04 doesnt give half the errors at all under wsl and it works well

i did test this under ubuntu 20.04 on wsl and in a vm and both give tons of errors that 18.04 do not produce

Anyone know where i can find a guide for the new 7.02 exploit and webkit? I'm on 7.02 and just seen that it's publicly available now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back