Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter Hand88       3      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hand88

Contributor
Verified
I've got one of those hdd caddys on my phat PS4 with a 2tb hard drive inside which has worked a treat for a while now but it's now full and thinking of upgrading to a 4tb one.

I've seen on this forum various methods for backing up the data like app2usb and so forth but I do not have a spare hdd to back this data onto, apart from the new 4tb if I put it in an external enclosure which means then also transferring it onto my PC before transferring it back onto the PS4 which is another long winded step. Could I either-

Take out the 2tb currently in the PS4 and somehow transfer games and settings over to the new 4tb hdd via my PC, but I've seen issues on here with drive cloners?

or, Insert the new 4tb into the PS4 so it prepares the hdd, pop the 2tb back into the caddy and then transfer data across to the 4tb in an external enclosure or would the PS4 not recognise it?

Any help will be appreciative

Solution
if you are wanting to pack up your games and themes, DLC, you can load up FTP, download /user/app for apps/games, /user/patch for patches and /user/addcont for DLC /user/addcont/IO00000 is for themes iirc, on a retail up-to-date unit, just install it, reinstall the original firmware with the recovery pup, and redownload all your apps/games/dlc/themes from PSN, i used this method to backup my stuff for a HDD to SSD swap.
I would just suggest, putting the new 4tb in and reinstall the same firmware you were on with the 2tb drive. then redownload your games from psn store/disk. If you use a different ps4 hdd in a different ps4 it won't recognize it.

if you are wanting to pack up your games and themes, DLC, you can load up FTP, download /user/app for apps/games, /user/patch for patches and /user/addcont for DLC /user/addcont/IO00000 is for themes iirc, on a retail up-to-date unit, just install it, reinstall the original firmware with the recovery pup, and redownload all your apps/games/dlc/themes from PSN, i used this method to backup my stuff for a HDD to SSD swap.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back