Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Aug 6, 2016 at 11:58 PM       13      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the initial release, decryption tutorials and reverse-engineering, PlayStation 4 developer Fire30 (who did the PS4 Webkit Exploit 2.XX PoC) has ported the PlayStation 4 HENkaku exploit allowing PS4 3.55 code execution! (y)

Download: PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC-master.zip / GIT

Spoiler: Related Tweets

From atreyu187 come some additional details on this HENkaku PS4 port as follows:

"This is only a userland code execution. This is nothing like dlclose or BADIret. We still need an exploit to reach 1.76 level of hacks. Both just mentioned have been patched out of FreeBSD and CTurt has been working with FreeBSD devs to fix the OS making it that much harder. We have had this access opened up in 3.50 already that the WebKit has lead nowhere."

Thanks to @B7U3 C50SS and @Plankton in the Shoutbox and @mcmrc1 in the Forums for sharing the news!
HENkaku PS4 Exploit Port.jpg

PS4 Henkaku Localization.jpg

Comments

I don't want to buy a ps4 yet, still have my ps3. Hope it can get its own jailbreak. Also does anyone think the ps4 neo is worth it? And also if there is spec difference between the ps4 and the ps4 neo, how would the ps4 virtual reality head gear work on both without lagging on the original ps4?

I don't want to buy a ps4 yet, still have my ps3. Hope it can get its own jailbreak. Also does anyone think the ps4 neo is worth it? And also if there is spec difference between the ps4 and the ps4 neo, how would the ps4 virtual reality head gear work on both without lagging on the original ps4?

If you dont have a ps4 yet dont buy one... wait for the neo it has more gpu power... but vr or 4k... hmm dont think the neo will handle this... VR for PS is more a fun object like the ps cam...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back