Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 26, 2021 at 9:49 PM       53      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the LibJBC for PS4 Homebrew Apps release and his recent PS4 Background Wave .FBXD Format Research, today PlayStation 4 Scene developer @0x199 made available via Twitter a utility dubbed PS4 IPI: Internal PKG Installer for installing PS4 PKG files from the HDD and through PS4 FTP clients like the OrbisFTP background app that supports all Firmware versions on Jailbroken PS4 Consoles. šŸ˜Ž

Download: IV0000-BREW00050_00-IPI0000000000000.pkg (6.31 MB) / GIT

Here's further details from the README.md: ps4-ipi

PS4 IPI, short for Internal PKG Installer, is a PlayStation 4 utility homebrew app which will install PKG files from the HDD, making it possible to install PKG files using FTP.

It probably already exists in some way for PS4, but I mainly found this useful for myself so I decided to implement it.

Thanks to sleirsgoevy's firmware escape the homebrew is firmware-agnostic and works on both HEN and Mira.

Usage
  1. Install the PKG onto your PS4;
  2. Enable FTP and upload the PKG you want to install to /data;
  3. Run the app.
IPI vs Debug Settings

IPI does have a disadvantage compared to Debug Settings. Because we're uploading our PKG files now to the HDD instead of having it stored on a USB, the HDD requires 2x the space.

This is fine for small PKG installations, but if your PKG is very large, check with your system if you have enough space on the HDD x 2.

Credits
Spoiler: Related Tweets & Videos
PS4 IPI Internal PKG Installer Homebrew Application by 0x199.jpg

Comments

I was trying to find a way to do this only yesterday and couldn't find anything about it. I thought it works on ps3 so must work on ps4 with no luck and this drops today! Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back