Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 24, 2017 at 10:02 PM       66      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many may recall the PS4 Firmware 4.01 Jailbreak by Chaitin Tech, their ROP Tool and the addition of Kaslr Support last year.

Following his PS4 4.0x WebKit Userland Exploit Documentation, JailbreakMe PS4 3.5x / 3.70 / 4.0x Exploit Ports and continuing research PlayStation 4 developer SpecterDev shared a tweet earlier today echoing Chaitin Tech's PS4 kernel exploit on 4.05 that was disclosed to Sony and patched in 4.06 official Firmware this past November.

The news comes after qwertyoruiopz's PS4 4.50 Kernel R/W Access announcement, PS4 4.5x Pwnage and confirmation of PS4 4.55 Dumped.

While @SpecterDev already stated he can't release it and as a result decided to remove the tweet, at least PS4 Developers who have been collaborating and examining it can rest assured that Chaitin Tech and Sony aren't the only ones privy now... here's to hoping someone else will also run across it and decide to share it with the scene. :angel:

From the PSXHAX Shoutbox for those following:
  • Bultra: https://twitter.com/user/status/867489704295493633
  • Bultra: Specter 4.05 kernel Exploit But not gonna release
  • mcmrc1: https://twitter.com/user/status/867489704295493633
  • B7U3 C50SS: https://twitter.com/user/status/867489704295493633
  • B7U3 C50SS: Specter DEvs
  • B7U3 C50SS: Status..
  • B7U3 C50SS: is gone..
  • SpecterDev: yea B7 I removed my status because I felt it rubbed people the wrong way :p
  • SpecterDev: I didn't want to make a big deal out of it because I can't release it anyway so I decided to delete it :)
  • SpecterDev: 4.05 and below, the one chaitentech disclosed
  • SpecterDev: to Sony that is
  • oneman123: SpecterDev: shae SceEapCore.elf :D
  • SpecterDev: Haven't tried it
Cheers to @B7U3 C50SS, @Bultra, @mcmrc1, @oneman123 and of course @SpecterDev for the heads-up earlier today in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! :beer:
PS4 Jailbreak Exploit by Chaitin Tech Echoes via SpecterDev.jpg

Comments

At least they will get some true reward.You can easily see how qwerty social media life has become annoying: He tweets about pizza and people respond asking for JB method. For what its worth I fully understand their move to selling flaws to $0ny.

At least they will get some true reward. You can easily see how qwerty social media life has become annoying: He tweets about pizza and people respond asking for JB method. For what its worth I fully understand their move to selling flaws to $0ny.

whaaa, he wont release his exploits for me!!!

Quit whining and realize that not everything needs to be given to you. Apparently everyone in these comments who is complaining has failed to realize that he removed his tweet because he didn't want it interpreted as a possible release. Instead, you're in these comments complaining and even posting conspiracy theories (lol). If you want a kernel exploit so badly, go spend 8 months reversing the console like Specter did and find it yourself.

Wow ! Specter? 8 months? This guy said few months ago : ps4 back to jail , It's the same guy yeah?

It was not a private conversation, it was an public announcement , So what was he expecting? Gratitude? for nothing?

Kernel exploits are easy for these guys. Making a custom linux (marcan) is hard. Running backups and defeating copy protection/online drm is even harder this generation make no mistake.

A kernel exploit will not lead to backups the next day. That being said, ps4 backups will be possible eventually. It's only a matter of time.

If this is already patched by Sony, then it should be released... That was what triggered the 1.76 release if I recall correctly...

He want sell this for sony , like rest of devs. End story.
I think that the balance that the scene needs is to unite us all and to look for exploits that we can develop, in that equipment not everything should be free, why ?

The developer who works also needs money, but here is the problem nobody wants to contribute a single dollar, that is why the pirates are betting to find these equipment and pay them their money, as these teams continuously as the same pages of psxhax are ridiculed And they call smoke to many things that pass through their noses.

I tell you that the same zecoxao has published things that have left me perplexed, but some do not value, forgive me but you have to recognize the work of the sceners to bring you something as a team and then That paid job, that we all enjoy something free, but paying the developers and researchers for their work, because it is their job "understand this scene is not going to take off until we unite and make rational use of what each researcher deserves for Your job, and then go showing all the advances in a free way I do not know if you understand me but I think it's the way to go, I for my part, but I've decided to do some In years I do what sony and microsoft do console based on computer hardware with a small software embedded of linux, they do it closed, I am doing it free !!

end the end I hope someday to gather the money without asking for anything To anyone and form my team of people to prove that you can do all this and those who are crazy please do not send me mp, and if I pay the developers, who wants to be part of the team that has knowledge in linux and embedded hardware I am willing to pay him to send his mp with his resume what he knows how to do since the equipment I have is reduced, but let's do something now !! And please do not call us beggars this should be free for all but recognizing the work of those who work day and night for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back